This may be an idiotic question....that some can answer without blinking...however I use AOL Instant Messanger (AIM) with iChat on my Mac and I understand it is supposed to be preloaded in the Sprint Curve, however when I open up Instant Messaging all I can see is Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger & BlackBerry Messenger...why is there no Icon for AIM? is BlackBerry Messenger the same as AIM?

Im sure this is a quick fix any help is appreciated.
    06-02-08 01:20 PM
    Hello! Welcome to BB.

BBMessanger is not the same as AIM.

On my phone, I have the capability to use the default carrier AIM (which, I think unless you have an unlimited plan with most carriers, will charge you standard texting rates), but I much prefer jivetalk. Take a looksie. It's very user friendly and you can get on Yahoo and a few of the other IM-ing platforms with it. Free 30-day trial, then you pay a one-time fee.
    06-02-08 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the info...

It never gave me the option of using AIM as I remember. I clicked on the Messanging icon, and it opens my messanging options which are as previously stated (Yahoo, Google & BBMessanger)...where did you find default access to AIM?

BTW...I have unlimited access
    06-02-08 01:56 PM
    goto browser.

then goto bookmarks

goto aim, and download the app. its free
    06-02-08 02:25 PM
    silx29,

It worked perfectly...thank you...any reason why they do not pre-load it on the machine?
    06-02-08 02:53 PM
    JRussett,

Soon as i downloaded the program it placed the icon in the correct place (Instant Messaging) I ran the program and logged in within 2min. pulled in my contacts and all.

Thanks.
    06-02-08 03:05 PM
    The default aim client is fine.
    06-02-08 05:54 PM
    Techinically...there wasn't a default AIM loaded.
    06-02-08 07:30 PM
    Some people dont use IM so they might not preload it for that fact to not take up space but its a pretty easy fix by a quick little download.
    06-02-08 07:34 PM
    For future reference you can use your browser on the phone and go to www.blackberry.com/aim and download aim.
    06-02-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD