I recently upgraded the OS on my 8310 and now i can't listen to music over headphones. I can via speakerphone, and if i have it on "activate handset" i can hear it coming out of the ear speaker. Is there any fix for this?

Oh, and no, they aren't bluetooth. Just the jack kind.
    09-01-09 05:03 PM
    Did you have an 'activate headset' option before you upgraded? I have the 8330 and have NEVER had an option to 'activate headset' just plugging in my headphones switches it and unplugging it returns it to the phone speaker. Maybe you have a bad jack would be my only guess but if you had that option before and don't now try going back to os you upgraded from.
    09-01-09 05:54 PM
    it used to have that option

originally i just had to plug the headphones in, but at somepoint i used to have to activate it
    09-03-09 12:19 AM
    it used to have that option

originally i just had to plug the headphones in, but at somepoint i used to have to activate it
    Only other guess I have left is maybe you added a bluetooth when that option became available. Why did it change from just plugging in to having to select it? Maybe disable bluetooth or if it is already disabled then try enabling it. Again just a guess so may not help.
    09-03-09 06:52 AM
    sorry for the huge delay in replying...was travelling for a bit.

bluetooth isn't enabled

another thing though. when i use the aux cable in my car, sound comes out of my speakers. still no headset though.
    09-30-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD