THE VOLUME ISSUE IS STILL NOT FIXED WITH THIS LATEST 4.5 RELEASE FOR THE 8310'S. WOW, WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! EVERYTHING ELSE IS FASTER, BUT I'D RATHER HAVE THE BOOM BOX VOLUME I HAVE WITH 4.2:-) BOOOOOO! DOWNGRADING BACK TO 4.2!
    I am running .81 and previously I have run various other versions of the v4.5 OS and have never had any volume problems!
    09-25-08 06:25 PM
    I did the upgrade, but I am still missing excel for doc2go... anyone know how to fix it? thanks!
    09-25-08 06:29 PM
    I did the upgrade, but I am still missing excel for doc2go... anyone know how to fix it? thanks!
    Did you put a check mark in the Docs2Go box in the Apploader? Also, you need to register it and you will get more options.
    09-25-08 06:32 PM
    You have to register the product.
    09-25-08 06:32 PM
    It is now 7:50PM here on the east coast and BB shows v4.5.0.108. It say for Vodafone Australia and Fiji. Will it work OK on my 8320 here in the USA with T-Mobile? I just installed 4.5.0.55 last night. Is there much of a difference?
    09-25-08 06:53 PM
    Ok new to the blackberry but not new to cells and mess'n with there software. My question is when you go to the link and have the option to download the software there is 2 versions, one says east asian and seems to be the Version everyone in the post is reffering to. The other actually says English/Chinese but the version does not corresponde with what everyone is is reffering to as the latest software version the .81. Which one are yall downloading and I am going to try it on my ATT 8310. Also what would happen if you kept your Vendor.XML and once you downloaded new version you reinstall this back to the newer software to replace the other vendor file. Would this cause to much confusion in the software and BRICK the Bar?
    Last edited by Xraymed; 09-25-08 at 07:02 PM.
    09-25-08 06:59 PM
    downloading now lol!!
    whats so diff about it from .55
    09-25-08 06:59 PM
    That Was Madd Cool Of You To Post The Instructions With The Pictures And Everythang, Hopefully I Can Return The Favor Sometime. Peace.
    09-25-08 07:30 PM
    Installing now.... keeping fingers crossed that it goes smoothly and without glitches....
    09-25-08 07:31 PM
    Will not install if you keep the vendor.xml file.

Anyone notice some odd stuff? I now have a separate music player icon (headphones) and a screen/keyboard icon......more free space also. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 07:37 PM
    "Restore Progress......"

"Database: Content Store....."
    09-25-08 07:38 PM
    Does anyone know i would have problems downloading fromm the RIM website. Everytime I try download from them, the download will stop right in the middle and won't continue. I then have to start over. I don't have this problem with any other website except RIM.
    09-25-08 07:40 PM
    It is now 7:50PM here on the east coast and BB shows v4.5.0.108. It say for Vodafone Australia and Fiji. Will it work OK on my 8320 here in the USA with T-Mobile? I just installed 4.5.0.55 last night. Is there much of a difference?
    Yes, definite difference, more free space, browsing seems fixed fully finally. Have to check the mem leaks. Go for it! Just be sure to back up first. My computer hibernated in the middle of upgrading and bricked my berry! Thank goodness for CB!

09-25-08 07:44 PM
    just did a successful upgrade from .55 to .81 on my 8320, everything seems to be running well. imo the volume is a little louder i can kind of tell the difference. i used to have the levels at high on .55 because of the weak volume but now when i dropped them down to medium on .81, it sounded the same as high on .55. so im happy about that. also memory increased. i hope this .81 upgrade fixes the problems ive been having with battery power and random reboot glithces.
    09-25-08 07:52 PM
    The volume levels still suck. Rim has no clue.

09-25-08 08:01 PM

True, ahh, I can't wait for the release with no problems.
    09-25-08 08:02 PM

The volume levels on my wifes Curve is just fine. Sounds device specific to me.
    09-25-08 08:02 PM
    Has anyone else had a problem with their browser disappearing? I upgraded to this release and all the other applications are there including the Myblue download browser icon from centennial but the stand alone browser icon that i had before has disappeared. How do i get it back?
    09-25-08 09:18 PM
    Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    09-25-08 09:22 PM
    wow awesome thank you very much
    09-25-08 09:24 PM
    This is the most complete version yet - at last we have Voice Dialing in Spanish! I have a lot of customers with Spanish names and have been missing this one feature. And I have > 19MB of open memory. Now if only the BBSmart people would get their formerly excellent software to work with 4.5, I would be 100% complete.
    09-25-08 09:25 PM
    I'm pretty new to blackberries in general, I just got my first (8310) this summer. When you go to the blackberry site to download the vodafone version, we are supposed to put in our correct, accurate info? Is this legal? Is there any possibility of emails or action against people who do this? Should I even be asking any of these questions?
    09-25-08 10:19 PM
    Update went smooth as always, thanks.
    09-25-08 10:25 PM
    I'm pretty new to blackberries in general, I just got my first (8310) this summer. When you go to the blackberry site to download the vodafone version, we are supposed to put in our correct, accurate info? Is this legal? Is there any possibility of emails or action against people who do this? Should I even be asking any of these questions?
    No, I wouldn't worry about it at all. The only thing is that your provider does not support it. So if you have problems, they will not help you. Also, there is a chance you will void your warranty if there are any problems due to the upgrade.

09-25-08 11:02 PM
    The volume levels on my wifes Curve is just fine. Sounds device specific to me.

Volume is perfectly fine for me as well
    09-26-08 12:44 AM
1,042 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD