Yesterday Sprint released an update to the 8330m OS. Anyone had a chance to install it? Any feedback?
    02-25-10 09:18 AM
    Damn I didn't even know about it....
    02-25-10 10:17 AM
    Damn.. where is 5..
    02-25-10 10:24 AM
    I've installed it, but I haven't tried it out yet. Currently, I've been trying to reinstall Blackberry Messenger. It's saying it is installed, but when I click the icon nothing happens.
    02-25-10 10:30 AM
    FYI - Just got off of the chat module with Sprint. According to the chat rep, they were unaware of any updates (what a surprise!). After a bit of disputing, I was able to get the rep to research the issue. The only info I got from them relating to the update was "thank you for your patience; I have been informed this update was for the recent RIM outages that were experienced in our systems."
    Has anybody out there seen the release notes?
    02-25-10 01:28 PM
    Downloaded and Shrunk.
    About to load.
    02-25-10 02:24 PM
    Ok a difference I've noticed (only got it running 5 min ago so still looking) is tht if u know, u can seperate sms/mms from email and get a new icon. Okay, NOW it even seperates mms and sms! That's all I've notice so far. This actually makes me happy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 02:40 PM
    @the person above me.

I had 169 and did that....

8330m here.
    And 175 can too.

02-25-10 02:53 PM
    Really? Bc I have a sms icon, a mms icon, and email. That's new to me

02-25-10 02:57 PM
    A icon for each??? one for SMS and one for MMS? unless they added a new folder for MMS to keep seperate from SMS? i would like to see screenshot of that if possible?

I just logged on my sprint account still have 175 up there, i'm running 169 right now much faster than 175
    Last edited by BerryCoolGuy; 02-25-10 at 08:03 PM.
    02-25-10 08:01 PM
    Ill try to get a screenshot up for you. I'm new to bb (only had since nov) and super new to crackberry so I'll try for ya. And yes a seperate icon for each. *.186 is super fast. More memory. Had .175 and it was just full of problems. I dot even want 5.0 bc my friend who just installed 5.0 said she has 15MB free. This is after deleting ALL her 3rd party apps and extras like languages. So this is a good alternative

02-25-10 10:37 PM
    A icon for each??? one for SMS and one for MMS? unless they added a new folder for MMS to keep seperate from SMS? i would like to see screenshot of that if possible?

I just logged on my sprint account still have 175 up there, i'm running 169 right now much faster than 175
    i have .175

i'll post screen shot of both OS And the split when i get home
    02-26-10 11:41 AM
    Ok some new things on MY blackberry that I've noticed:

More memory: up to 51MB file free. Still have myspace and facebooke and bbm

Sms and mms seperated; icon for messages(email), sms and one for mms. Three icons.

Removed bar on top of browser that shows signal and the site your at and such. (I like that)

Batter lasts longer. Been on web for 40 min and still on 94% battery

NO freeze-ups yet!!!

02-26-10 01:31 PM
    Btw to clarify the battery part...I have my lcd on100% brightness and 45 second timer

02-26-10 01:32 PM
    Okay I have the .186 and my sms and mms is together one folder (theme controlled and I'm running a stock theme) I don't have the seperated folders when I seperate them in the options menu nothing happens except the seperating email for sms and mms like it did before.. On my browser the top bar still shows with signal bars.. I wonder y??? Maybe because I have the 8330m :-/ The only thing I've notice is the free up in memory and battery life have improved as well thats it!

Last edited by jlarkins08; 02-26-10 at 02:13 PM.
    02-26-10 02:06 PM
    I too have the 8330m. Maybe only certain phones had some of these changes or something. Idk why some people don't have the changes I have. I too have the stock theme onmy phone with all my folders seperate. I have the sprint theme on. Anyone else have changes I do? Battery issue and memory leak issue for me was all I wanted resolved. But these minor added extras are amazing

02-26-10 04:31 PM
    Ok this might be a stupid question but how can I tell if I have an 8330 or an 8330m?

02-26-10 05:02 PM
    I have an 8330 with Sprint and just updated to 186. The reason that I did it was due to an e-mail that I got from BB telling me that an update for my device was available. It claimed that my "BlackBerry device would now render HTML Rich Content email messages, including embedded images, external images, font formatting, paragraph formatting, and more..." BS! It did now improve the e-mail at all; it is still just horrible. Still won't display e-mail images. Does anyone know of a real e-mail program that I can d/l for my BB? I'd really appreciate the info. Thanks, jgreyone
    02-26-10 05:09 PM
    Ok this might be a stupid question but how can I tell if I have an 8330 or an 8330m?

Options, About. Your device is listed at the top of the screen.
    02-26-10 05:19 PM
    Ok some new things on MY blackberry that I've noticed:

Removed bar on top of browser that shows signal and the site your at and such. (I like that)
    On my browser the top bar still shows with signal bars.. I wonder y??? Maybe because I have the 8330m :-/
    Try pressing the U button when the browser is open to toggle between fullscreen view.
    02-26-10 05:22 PM
    Options, About. Your device is listed at the top of the screen.
    Thanks

02-26-10 05:52 PM
    I got the e-mail a few hours ago. I'll be installing later this eve. I'm not a fan of .175 at all!

Eric
    02-26-10 06:26 PM
    Okay I have the .186 and my sms and mms is together one folder (theme controlled and I'm running a stock theme) I don't have the seperated folders when I seperate them in the options menu nothing happens except the seperating email for sms and mms like it did before.. On my browser the top bar still shows with signal bars.. I wonder y??? Maybe because I have the 8330m :-/ The only thing I've notice is the free up in memory and battery life have improved as well thats it!
    Same here with everything you stated with the exception of not seeing that much more memory. I would love to free up more memory.
    02-26-10 06:53 PM
    Try pressing the U button when the browser is open to toggle between fullscreen view.
    A ha! Thanks for the tip!
    02-26-10 06:54 PM
    I nvr knew about the "U" thing. Well I pressed it and I do get the scroll bars but not the top title bar.
    02-26-10 07:03 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD