I am blown away at how an OS can perform so different from 1 user to another, on the same device using the same carrier.
    08-22-09 08:58 AM
    The radio for .169 is pretty damm solid so far. Minimal signal bounce! Woohoooo!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:17 AM
    I'm doing my backups right now. I can't wait...hehe. This should fix my random silenced profiles on .160, right?
    08-22-09 11:43 PM
    I'm doing my backups right now. I can't wait...hehe. This should fix my random silenced profiles on .160, right?
    Not necessarily. Unfortunately, there have been reports of profiles problems on .169 as well.

08-22-09 11:56 PM
    DOH!

Well I'm still installing it, but thanks for the heads up.
    08-23-09 12:02 AM
    How is GPS? Does Sprint Nav still work? BB Maps???
    08-23-09 07:01 AM
    Horrible for me on Sprint- data very slow (but I did load a hybrid of this OS, so take it for what its worth)

Loaded the OS without any hybrid files, and it's fast as lightning !!! Something in the hybrid files must have slowed down the OS before, but now all is good !!
    08-23-09 10:11 AM
    Loaded the OS without any hybrid files, and it's fast as lightning !!! Something in the hybrid files must have slowed down the OS before, but now all is good !!
    Please let me know. How do you remove the vendor xl file? Just delete it? Any help is appreciated

08-23-09 11:09 AM
    Please let me know. How do you remove the vendor xl file? Just delete it? Any help is appreciated

Go to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and look for the vendor.xml file- that's what you want to delete.
    08-23-09 12:09 PM
    There are other places the vendor.xml file could be in Vista. Do a file search (hidden files too) and you'll be able to find each one.

Loaded on my phone today (Us Cellular) and it's running quick. GPS sync found the first 8 satellites in about 30 seconds. It took about 5 minutes to get a good lock on all satellites but still much better than before. I was using .138 before.

Downloads of web pages seem very quick although Facebook and MySpace seemed slow the first times I used them.

Signal strength seems normal from .138, don't see any change.

I had the reoccurring "hour glass" and that seems to have gone away.

All and all it seems like a solid build but I will continue to test.
    08-23-09 02:19 PM
    I actually don't see this file. The issue is when I try to load the new software I get a message that tells me that my device is not compatible

08-23-09 02:22 PM
    How is GPS? Does Sprint Nav still work? BB Maps???
    GPS locks very quickly and accurately on Sprint Nav and BB Maps. Google Maps still uses triangulation.
    08-23-09 02:37 PM
    bretterson, would you definately recommend over the .131 stock OS?

Does it still have the signal drop like .131?
    Last edited by its_miller_time; 08-23-09 at 03:08 PM.
    08-23-09 03:05 PM
    I actually don't see this file. The issue is when I try to load the new software I get a message that tells me that my device is not compatible

Do you have the 8330 or the 8330m? You can find out by holding going to Options/About. This will only load on the 8330m. If you have the 8330 the latest OS is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...ficial-296697/
    08-23-09 04:10 PM
    This OS is blazing fast on all fronts!!! Hands down the best update I've had so far!

08-23-09 08:58 PM
    None of you guys have problems with data being EXTREMELY slow after either A: the phone being on for a while or B: after a phone call? The only thing that seems to fix it for me is a battery pull. Otherwise it's absolutely wonderful, I can't think of anytime I've seen an hourglass with it using RIM apps.

What I'd love to see how works would be a hybrid of this os with the .138 radio files. I had absolutely no problems except sticky roaming and the occasional 1XEV to 1X. If I wind up getting frustrated enough to rollback, it's gonna be to .138. .131 was total garbage, the signal meter was like an epileptic patient. I just hope if I do that I manage to remember to make sure that the phone doesn't get stuck on roaming (which is a LOT better than waiting five minutes for Pandora to start or Facebook to update)

08-23-09 09:15 PM
    So, I'm going to have to install this OS tonight - because my phone is hurting at work - bouncing all over the place.

Im debating if I should wipe with JL_Commander or just install over top.

I figure if I install a fresh copy, I would avoid any headaches and issues...

Thoughts?
    08-24-09 07:36 AM
    I have version .131 and for some reason it says no update is required for my device. Anyone know what I've done wrong?
    08-24-09 07:47 AM
    I have version .131 and for some reason it says no update is required for my device. Anyone know what I've done wrong?
    I had the same thing. Instead of trying to use the Desktop Manager, I am using the Loader. I am using the Loader icon in the AppLoader folder where the vendor.xml file is located, then it told me I have an update.

Also, for goodness sake, I hope it fixes the signal bounce. I was beginning to think my BB had ADD.
    08-24-09 09:12 AM
    I had the same thing. Instead of trying to use the Desktop Manager, I am using the Loader. I am using the Loader icon in the AppLoader folder where the vendor.xml file is located, then it told me I have an update.
    Its been the same problem for me using both methods. So annoying... It says the OS isn't compatible with my device but my device is 100% the 8330m.
    Last edited by Bak2k; 08-24-09 at 09:44 AM.
    08-24-09 09:40 AM
    Bak2K, I am sure this has been checked, but you did DL the OS for the 8330m, right? There is .169 for both the 8330 and 8330m...
    08-24-09 11:24 AM
    Its been the same problem for me using both methods. So annoying... It says the OS isn't compatible with my device but my device is 100% the 8330m.
    Search your computer for vendor.xml making sure you include hidden and system files. Newer versions of desktop manager download and hide a copy of vendor.xml.

08-24-09 11:30 AM
    Yea that was checked... I finally got the new OS working. It turned out to be a problem with the original download not being installed properly on my computer...

Thanks guys
    08-24-09 11:32 AM
    Bak2K, I am going to be updating tonight.

Did you do a fresh install (use JL_Cmdr) or did you overwrite the existing OS? Do you still have the signal jump?
    08-24-09 11:43 AM
    I didn't wipe my phone prior to installing, and it installed fine. No signal jump anymore with data.
    08-24-09 11:46 AM
190 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD