will we ever get os5.0?
    10-07-09 09:42 AM
    will we ever get os5.0?
    I can tell you with almost 100% certainty, the answer is no. There's not enough memory or processor speed to do it.

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 09:46 AM
    damit. I hate when I read that 5.0 users are getting all these new things and we never get anything. I esp hate how this phone doesnt have GPS.
    10-07-09 01:23 PM
    >>> Right now with Pandora, BerryBuzz, and QuickLaunch installed along with 1 wallpaper saved to device memory I have 27 megs. By far the smallest I have encountered yet. And fast...

please explain how you could possibly get 27 mb file free with all the installed apps.. while i only get 10mb with aim, ym, msn, gtalk, gmaps installed?

just today i find out the new BBM 5 is officially released.. quite nice! but yeah its too bad knowing that 8320 os wouldnt go 5.0
    10-08-09 08:35 AM
    @Wulf: how's that mirror coming buddy? I'm hopeless with RIM's servers
    10-08-09 09:53 AM
    Easy sir. I delete the garbage I don't need. If you follow the best practice/ instructions at the end of the first post of this thread you'll see it has a link to maximize your memory. Its very easy to do and the results are astonishing!

10-08-09 12:59 PM
    @Wulf: how's that mirror coming buddy? I'm hopeless with RIM's servers
    I don't know why you're having issues, it really took all of 10 minutes on my DSL. Someone else will need to set up the mirror, that's not my bag.

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

10-08-09 01:42 PM
    I don't know why you're having issues, it really took all of 10 minutes on my DSL. Someone else will need to set up the mirror, that's not my bag.
    haha okay, I thought you were uploading a mirror when you said you were running one and it'll be done in 10 minutes anyways, no worries.
    10-08-09 05:12 PM
    I can't watch videos on youtube with tis version. Anyone else having this issue? I was able to .81 that I downloaded from the T-Mobile site.

10-08-09 08:52 PM
    I absolutely can't get this installed on my ATT Curve 8320 running .110. CrackMem keeps seeing new and old OS on PC even when both uninstalled. Uninstalled reinstalled everything. No help. First time, upgrade went for a long time, then errored out. Phone shows old os .110 -- Now DM just tells me there are no upgrades.

I DON"T want to have to wipe it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update

FOLLOWED the recommendation to downgrade to DM 4.6 and used AppLoader program and it seems to be going smoothly now. I uninstalled DM 4.7 - removed more hidden files containing info about my two installed OSs. Nice thing about 4.6 apploader.exe is that it gives a play by play of what is happening to your device - through its ELEVEN* steps. And it DOES automatically backup and restore all your app data, so long as you leave them checked at the start when you indicate what apps to keep. Be patient. It is going to take (15 - 20) 30 minutes to an hour, maybe longer. You can also expect a bunch of device connect/disconnect sounds if your system is set up for sound. These tend to occur when the system is rebooting and Application Loader Wizard is connecting to device or waiting for device initialization

Note - although third party apps are maintained, you will probably have to reenter your registration info for at least some of them. Apparently, the new system load throws of the registration

*Application Loader Wizard steps (sometimes phone is dark, sometimes you see connection graphic>

Connect to Device
    Back up device data
    Back up third-party apps
    Connect to device ROM
    Read device system configuration
    Load JVm and system software (long dead period)
    Wait for device initialization
    Read application configuration
    Loading applications
    (good two bar graphs of progress)
    Wait for device initialization - plan on a LONG LONG WAIT here with nothing happening but an alternately spinning and stationary hourglass on phone and a slowly crawling progress bar on App Loader Wizard. I am revizing my install time allowance to 30 minutes to an hour!
    Restore device data -

YEAH! I saw that silly old AT&T/Blackberry grass and street background in the Restore Device Data section before screen went black and AppLoadWiz started some fast running double status bars for restoring device data. Soon very soon I'll have my phone back, upgraded slightly.

I hope it was worth it, but I don't know. No one seems to divulge whats the big deal with this minor upgrade. Just a slightly higher number I suspect.
    Last edited by cedareden; 10-09-09 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Situation improved & additional info
    10-09-09 07:19 AM
    Glad you got it to work.
    10-09-09 08:17 AM
    Anyone else having problems with BB lockups after the orange OS upgrade? Seems like every time my phone goes to sleep in its holster, it comes out unresponsive. I have to wait up to a minute before I can get a response. And sometimes I have to do a reboot.

Aaaarrgggghhhh - it happens now even when it goes to sleep OUT of the holster!

Its a horrible feeling that I haven't experienced since I first popped in an 8 gb microsd and put more than 4 gb of data on it! (see anguished THAT post somewhere as I spent the better part of a day diagnosing, troubleshooting, and determining just how much data I could load without a freeze!)

Additional info:

8320 on ATT, 8 GB microSD with nearly 6 GB free (so it isn't THAT freezeup issue), no new software installed, not much operating in background (berrybuzz, berryweather, tinytwitter), 13 - 15 MB free on device (which is better than doing on older OS)

Going to investigate tinytwitter because i've had problems with other background twitter apps, to i have tt set to 30 updates and i haven't restarted it since last reboot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But you know, it could just be GooSynch updating my monstrous address book and calendar. I'll let you know

~~~~~~~~~~~~

NAW, there is something seriously wrong here. GooSynch has been unable to complete since the upgrade. I just forced it and it got to the end, nearly complete, and then said "GooSynch unable to complete while Blackberry updates settings" or something. And throughout all that, my BB was unresponsive to anything other than bringing screen back to life. Another battery pull.

Crap, I fear I must downgrade just to see if the OS is the Problem
    Last edited by cedareden; 10-10-09 at 12:01 PM.
    10-10-09 11:02 AM
    file free now at 15 mb
    was 11 mb before
    guess removing the aim and old bbm was good
    10-10-09 09:12 PM
    hm im at 18mb after a hard reset
    but now i lost the chinese thing after this os
    10-10-09 09:30 PM
    Hey guys. Seems like a new curve 8320 os is out from AVEA. Crackberry said I don't have enough posts to incorporate a link in my post. Hope BigBadWulf or someone else can sticky this with a link since I'm unable to. Thanks in advance guys for all you do for curve users.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.294 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.294
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.174
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.105
    * File name: 8320M_PBr4.5.0_rel294_PL2.7.0.105_A4.5.0.174_.exe
    * File size: 92.43MB
    10-11-09 10:21 AM
    Hey guys. Seems like a new curve 8320 os is out from AVEA. Crackberry said I don't have enough posts to incorporate a link in my post. Hope BigBadWulf or someone else can sticky this with a link since I'm unable to. Thanks in advance guys for all you do for curve users.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.294 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.294
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.174
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.105
    * File name: 8320M_PBr4.5.0_rel294_PL2.7.0.105_A4.5.0.174_.exe
    * File size: 92.43MB

Thank you KS!
    10-11-09 10:55 AM
    Your welcome BigBadWulf. Just trying to do my part. Guess I'm one of those "upgrade crazy" types. It's people like you who really deserve the credit though.
    10-11-09 11:23 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD