I am looking at the AT&T Q9h or the BB Curve 8310. I see the Q9h has 3G for it's data service, but I had an old Treo 700wx and the data seemed fast enough for me then. Is there anything else that 3G does other then data speeds, it doesn't effect call quality does it?

I am looking for honest opinions on which phone to purchase tonight. Thanks!
    06-12-08 03:01 PM
    I am with Sprint so I have always experienced 3g with my PDA phones, so I cannot verify how the speed differs. What I can add is that the Moto Q9 series in general is quite slow with it's operating software. It seems Moto did not put a lot of time into the processor and the new WM6 for smartphones really slowes the thing down. Used to take forever just to load and send out a text. (Now i am comparing to BB so forever might not be that long for you as a prior Treo person).

I have owned the Treos and the Q's...all versions...BlackBerry still has them beat.
    06-12-08 03:30 PM
    BB 8310 FTW! I'm not a fan of Windows Mobile. I had my BB for just two days and I'm in LOve with it.
    06-12-08 03:30 PM
    Motorola=Suckss!!!
    Windows Mobile=Suckss!!!
    Motorola+Windows Mobile= just guess...
    06-12-08 03:39 PM
    I had motorola PDA phones..and I had so much problems with it......
    stick to BB and you'll be happy!!
    06-12-08 11:13 PM
    Might as well just go with the BB. And not waste any time on other phones. Get it and be done with it. You will be happy with it.
    06-12-08 11:44 PM
    I am looking at the AT&T Q9h or the BB Curve 8310. I see the Q9h has 3G for it's data service, but I had an old Treo 700wx and the data seemed fast enough for me then. Is there anything else that 3G does other then data speeds, it doesn't effect call quality does it?

I am looking for honest opinions on which phone to purchase tonight. Thanks!

If 3G is important, the new BOLD will be released soon for At&t with 3G. No other PDA on the market will have its capabilities.
    06-12-08 11:49 PM
    You stated Treo 700wx, but AT&T did not have that device. Was it the 750 or 650?

If it was the 750, that has 3g. if 650 and the data was fast enough, then the Curve would be good.

If you want more memory, WIFI, GPS, 3g UMTS/HSDPA and the same good 2MP camera, I would wait for the Blackberry Bold.
    06-13-08 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD