hello to all. i just got my curve yesterday and ive been playing with it so far so good, except i have a problem with a mp3 i downloaded onto the curve. now it reads and finds the file but when i try to play it it just does nothing. it goes into the player and shows the song name and song length but it does not play .
    any thoughts
    i downloaded it from napster and i did purchase it and i used media mgr to install and used the convert to feature to help. i also did install other music copied from a cd to pc and it does play those. all are in wma mp3 files.
    thanks

ok nevermind my question i did a search and found http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/the...my-curve-3873/
    funny thing when i first searched it didn't come up lol

so now i have an update question. is there any way to get around this to be able to play songs on my curve?? thanks
    Last edited by outlawrx; 09-12-07 at 12:01 PM.
    09-12-07 11:30 AM
    Congrads on the Curve. If you are using a PC and have Windows Media Player, you can open a tab to show you if the file is protected. I normally have Media Player open when transfering mp3s so I know which ones are protected. Only non-protected files will play on the Curve I have found. Hope this helps.
    09-12-07 12:27 PM
    thanks for the info i will have to check. do you know if there is any way to remove the protection?? or any software that might work?? thanks again
    09-12-07 01:19 PM
    The only thing that I have found to work is to burn your files that are protected to a cd. Then reimport them to your library making sure that they are reimported as mp3s. They will not be protected this way. You loose just a little in quality but it is the only I know of if you have Napster or iTunes and pay for the songs.
    09-12-07 02:45 PM
    Hey osupike18 thanks for ur help. im gonna try that tonight
    09-12-07 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD