Hey,

I am curious as to how the Blackberry 'Backup" really works and what it is actually being backed up.

So you open the Desktop Manager, select Backup/Restore, and then choose Backup. The file that this outputs is around 1.3MB ... I take it this process does not backup your applications? I would like to make sure that everything, including an 3rd party apps I have installed are being backed up, are they?

Oh, I don't have a ton of 3rd party apps, but I definitely have more than 1.3MB worth (i.e. 4-5 games, all messenger clients, splash money, etc.).

Any hints, tips, tricks, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

-Grand
    07-24-08 06:23 PM
    It backs up your personal data such as settings, profiles, address book, calendar, memos... It does not back up your apps.
    07-24-08 06:36 PM
    Backup creates a data base of you data and settings. It does not backup third party apps.

The best way to do that, use Applications Manager to install from a PC. The PC copy is your backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 06:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

Check out that guide to backup third party apps... the DesktopManager does not do that for you in the normal backup!
    07-24-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD