Hey guys,

Awesome site! Its reputation has preceded it. So I recently picked up a locked 8310 for AT&T and I'm in the process of unlocking it for Tmobile. As I wait for the unlock code to arrive, I have a few questions I'm sure can be answered here:

First, will an at&t blackberry be fully functional on a tmobile network? will the internet work? will I be able to set up an email account? Will blackberry messenger work? Etc..

Also, I currently have the sidekick unlimited data plan, do I need to change this plan? Should I get rid of insurance? (I assume tmobile won't replace an at&t phone, lol)

Anything I should know about this little transition I'm making?

Thanks in advance
    03-09-09 04:02 PM
    Yes, fully functional on tmobile, make sure you have the data plan.

The sidekick plan is different that the BIS.. thats what you need.
    03-09-09 04:20 PM
    When I received my pre-owned curve I rang the insurers of my previous phone to cancel the policy but they said I could insure my curve even tough it was already pre-owned. I gave them the iemi number and they transferred the policy to the curve straight away.
    03-09-09 04:31 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. I hear that everything should work. I am glad that they will insure it, you wouldn't want to lose or break it and be out of a berry for ANY amount of time. You will be happy that you dropped the sidekick for a blackberry. Sidekicks are really geared towards highschool kids anyhow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 05:11 PM
    Thanks guys! I can't wait for that unlock code to come! Probably have to wait till the beginning of my next billing period for the changes in my plan to take effect
    03-09-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD