Ok, I'm just going to lay out my issues and see if any of you seasoned vets can hopefully help me! Thanks everyone in advance for your help AND for taking it easy on me lol.

I purchased my bb curve 8330 yesterday. I am still trying it out and deciding whether I like it. I've never owned a smartphone so this is quite the upgrade for me (I had a razr before...and hated it with a passion!).

I am a university student, military wife/mommy (so I'm often a single mom) and I work, so I have A LOT of things to keep straight!

I was looking mostly for a phone that was also a PDA/organizer. My decision was between the TREO 700 and the Curve. The Treo 700 being almost 3 years old, bulkier, not as customizable (from what I was told), and the bbcurve having all the organizational components that I would have used most of the time on the Treo, other than the microsoft programs which I have on my laptop anyways, I went with the bb.

I'm such a newb to this stuff so I have spent the past day setting it up.

Firstly, I am using the Today theme and kinda confused already. I like that the messages and calendar are displayed on the homescreen, but I would like tasks displayed instead of the call log, I have researched a bit on this and as far as I can tell you can't get the tasks to show up like the messages or calendar. Does anyone know if this is true and, if not, how I go about setting it up for tasks?

Secondly, in the Today theme preview appointments are listed under the calendar like messages, but mine does not do this from what I can tell...any advice on how to make this work?

Thirdly, when I miss calls, they are listed under the messages...I would just assume them would be listed under the call log icon on the homescreen, but I'm not sure if I'm wrong on this.

Furthermore, I am having a hard time finding already created themes for the curve for me to download (I just don't have the time right now!). Can I download other bb themes that will also work on the curve?

I'm not that discouraged with the bb. I think I will end up becoming quite attached to it considering all the organizational and other such applications that I can download to it.

Thank you for your patience. I have gone over several sites and the user manual several times and these are the questions that remain so I appreciate any help you can give!
    08-01-08 11:03 PM
    Check out the link in my sig. Blackberry 101. start reading....... you have to learn this your self unfortunately.......
    08-01-08 11:14 PM
    First, welcome to the board!! I would go through the Blackberry 101 in yester18's signature. I definitely suggest the tips & tricks forum too - lots of info!! There is a whole section where you can buy themes - you can google Curve themes and find a wealth of them as well. Nancy Drew, another CB member, has a whole bunch of gorgeous free themes at nancydrew.com too!

I can't answer any of your questions about the Today theme as I've never used that one, but I'm sure someone will have some helpful info for you.
    08-01-08 11:18 PM
    I had a Treo 700w before the change to the BB. It is a different but what I consider a better OS. What I found to be the most helpful was to take on thing at a time, figure it out an master it before moving on to the next.
    08-01-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD