I have been a long smartphone user.
    Using Palm OS and wm standard.
    I am going berry, as my ne2 on verizon is available on June 4 of this year.
    I am a new person so I won't comment on release dates on the tour, even though I think July 1st is when it will hit. Why? because its the day after U2's first tour date in Germany and their tour concludes in Vancouver.

Anyhow...I can get a storm, which is nice, father has one, fun device.
    I want a GREAT device that works. I want to be able to watch some videos add some custom ringtones, but want a stable device.

Although its long in the tooth do you think the Curve is still a great device?

I mean I know the tour is the updated version, but I don't want to have to worry about software upgrades, etc. I want a solid device.

Sorry for the long first post.

Thanks!
    04-27-09 07:56 AM
    Had my curve for a year or so & had zero issues! 2nd blackberry and love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 08:00 AM
    I am partial of course, but I think the curve is an awesome (always) stable BB. I love mine and would have to have a deal I just couldn't pass up if I were to replace it.

That's just me though. I am quite attatched to my 8320.

04-27-09 08:02 AM
    Had my curve for a year or so & had zero issues! 2nd blackberry and love it!

Thanks. I usually go for latest and greatest, but now I need just a stable device.
    Brother has had every blackberry ever made except for the bold and storm, and he chose the curve because he said all bugs are gone, etc.
    04-27-09 08:03 AM
    I am partial of course, but I think the curve is an awesome (always) stable BB. I love mine and would have to have a deal I just couldn't pass up if I were to replace it.

That's just me though. I am quite attatched to my 8320.

Especially when I can get the curve for free with rebates.
    04-27-09 08:03 AM
    Free is always a good deal unless you're talking about STD's. But that is a whole other thread. LOL!

Last edited by Kangaruex; 04-27-09 at 08:13 AM.
    04-27-09 08:10 AM
    Free is always a good deal unless you're talking about STD's. But that is a whole other thread. LOL!

Thanks....after owning the treo 650....the q9c wasn't bad I just need push email (I don't use an exchange server at work) I need a stable device.
    04-27-09 08:14 AM
    Are you related to Joey Bag O Donuts? Get that everytime I hit Moes Southwest Grill! Welcome to Moe's! LOL

I have an 8330 and I love it, haven't had the opportunity to use other BB's but I can say I use the sh*t out of my curve and it stands up to everything I dish at it!

Good Luck in deciding.
    04-27-09 08:16 AM
    BTW, Welcome to Crackberry Nation!

04-27-09 08:32 AM
    I'm waiting for the Tour to be released...
    04-27-09 08:41 AM
    There are newer devices but the 8330 is an extremely solid model,
    by no stretch "old" and probably the best of the 83xx units.
    the curve is solid. videos are sometimes iffy, but thats why i own a laptop. i didn't get a bb for vids, but if that is something you are really into then i suggest the storm for you.
    04-27-09 08:52 AM
    Nah, don't want the storm...vids where short ones like top then hockey fights, etc.
    something to pass the time....
    04-27-09 09:44 AM
    well the new 9630 should be out in May (from what I have heard) I would say either get a curve now or wait for the 9630 and see how you like that!
    04-27-09 09:46 AM
    I know I got the mrs. telling me to wait the month.....4 weeks is a long time.
    04-27-09 10:44 AM
    Tony!!!!!!

Finally, it's good to see a familiar face here.

I just got the curve, and LOVE it
    04-27-09 09:13 PM
    The Curve has stood the test of time. It's a solid device. I love mine...
    04-27-09 09:20 PM
    curve is definitely worth it. I'd hold off on the storm.
    04-27-09 09:35 PM
    I love my curve. It's been nothing but reliable.

04-28-09 12:24 AM
    Might have to wait longer than a month for the 9630. No one is really sure when it will be released and some rumors are saying up until October. So if you are looking for a solid blackberry that works real well and is reliable go for the Curve. If you can wait it out, wait for the 9630. But just keep in mind that it could be a while.
    04-28-09 01:31 AM
    Another option is get a used 8330 and save your NE2 for the 9630.

The 8330 can be found for about $150 if you are lucky.

Snag a Curve and learn the Blackberry OS while waiting for the 9630. When the 9630 drops you will have the 8330 as a backup BB.

04-28-09 02:29 AM
    getting the bb from verizon for 25.00 because instead of ne2, I got a thing in the mail for 75.00 off. and just sold my q9c for 130.00

actually got it for 4.95 cause they gave me ne2 credit and mail in rebate so it came to 4.95
    Last edited by Tony Bag O Donuts; 04-29-09 at 02:35 PM.
    04-28-09 10:15 AM
    Ive had my curve for a year, no issues and can't get enough. every day is a learning experience.
    04-28-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD