I'm new to CB and to the BB world.

My crappy V3 RAZR died on me a couple days ago and I'm in the middle of a 3year contract with Rogers that I already think I'm paying too much for becuase I don't use it as much as I use to when I was away at school. I thought about trying a differnt service provider but I've never had huge complaints with my service at Rogers just with my horrible choices in phones and the fact that I think we pay too much for cell services.

Anyways, I'm a little overwhelmed by the whole choosing a new phone/plan thing so I'm looking for a little guidance.

I'm thinking of buying a BB Curve 8310.

This is what my current plan gives me:
    $35 150/1000 Eve/Weekend Plan
    50 Minute Bonus
    Unlimited Incoming Local
    125 Sent/Unlim Recv�d Text
    $11 Communicate Value Pack
    Network Features (Group Calling, Busy Transfer, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, No Answer Forwarding and Transfer Calls)
    Partial Detail Bills
    +911 @ .50 & SAF @ $6.95
    (33% add on discount)
    =$60.40/month

With my current phone I did more texting than actually calling (but when I do call it's mostly all long distance, very little local calling and usually more at night and on weekends) so I'm thinking once I move to a BB that I'll do the same with a lot more emailing and texting but I've never used a "Data Plan" or had the need for one so I'm not sure if I'll need a data plan or not.

I'd like to stay close to the price I currently pay per month if not lower because I don't think I've ever gone over my monthly allowances. What are your experiences with this phone/roger's/plans. How do you think I should go about getting this new phone/plan without breaking the bank?
    09-08-08 06:35 PM
    Well, it's early yet and those much more knowledgeable about such things as Rogers can give you a much better answer than I. And, yet, I feel compelled to let you know that the Blackberry is such a wonderful device (they don't call this an addiction for nothing!) that you can't go wrong. I think you'll be surprised at how much you will you the many features of the berry. Good luck and welcome to Crackberry - where all your answers get answered (just not in the first few minutes, sometimes!)
    09-08-08 07:09 PM
    If you get the curve go to the smart phone plan for $15 and you get 1000 txt's a month. If you add data it is going to be another $25/month
    09-08-08 07:19 PM
    I bit the bullet. Purchased a BB Curve 8310 (they only had pink left...I'm not a pink person but I plan to get a new housing for it anyways) & changed up my plan.

I went from the stuff stated above to:
    6GB data
    250 anytime, free ev & wknds (ev @ 8 use to have 9)
    free rogers to rogers
    detailed billing
    unlimited incoming local
    network features (call waiting, group calling, etc.)
    SmartPhone Value Pack
    (call disp, name disp, 2500 text, 1000 pic/vid msg, who called, mobile backup)

Everything for $20/month more than I was paying before. I feel like it's way more than ever use a month but comparably I could be paying the same for a lot less.

What do you think?
    09-10-08 09:03 AM
    If your happy, that is what counts!!! Welcome to the BB world.
    09-10-08 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD