Just bought my red 8830 last night...YAY. I like to think of myself as moderately technologically challenged, however.
    So...I set up my email acount today, and I keep receive EVERY email that I have save in my hotmail account. Is there a way to stop this, as it's getting pretty annoying (cause I have a habit of hanging on to emails). Also, I am getting the notifications of these email under the Messages icon and the new email account icon that I created today.
    Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
    07-02-09 11:12 AM
    So are you getting a copy of your sent emails on your phone as well? If this is the case you need to go into BIS & set up a filter, "from" field containing your hotmail address, this should stop you from getting copies of sent emails. Also, you can go into your messages, hit menu, options, scroll down & separate SMS & email inboxes, this will add 2 different icons to your home screen, then you can simply hide that default messages folder. I hope this helps, if it doesn't let me know & maybe I or someone else can help more.
    07-02-09 04:54 PM
    No. I'm actually receiving email on the Blackberry that I have saved in my inbox in my email account. I am getting messages that I have in there since last year.
    I do have the 2 icons set up.
    07-03-09 05:25 AM
    move the email icon somewhere else (i buried it in a folder), the one messages icon will show everything...sms, email & bbm

No. I'm actually receiving email on the Blackberry that I have saved in my inbox in my email account. I am getting messages that I have in there since last year.
    I do have the 2 icons set up.
    07-03-09 07:04 AM
    Thanks for the help
    07-07-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD