Hello Folks!

I am new to this excellent model (8320), however I have some questions I will like if you can help me out.

Blackberry 8320 v4.2.2.180, Unblocked, being used at Venezuela Carrier Telefonica-Movistar. I have Data Plan, and everything Calls, Messages, Wi-Fi etc, works perfect. However:

1. MSN Live Messenger: Have download service books and all, but still get the same error message everybody does. Any Help?
    2. Mini Opera (Any version): At approximate 85% it would drop an installation error. Any Help?
    3. I have some MP3�s ringtones in my PC I would like to have in my 8320, but do not know exactly how to. Any Help?
    4. Any site where I can find Free or License Themes for my 8320, and how to install them. Any Help?
    5. Since here we do not have unlimited data plans, I stick with one of 500MB monthly, any chance I can see how much usage I have in my phone?
    6. During a Call, is there a Key I can push to activate speakerphone, instead of scrolling in the menu. Any Help?
    7. How can I acces my 2GB SDCard installed, to manage it?
    8. What exactly can be done with de Desktop Device Software?

I believe this are the most demanding issues for now, I really would be greatly appreciated with all for your help.

Sorry for any dumb question asked, and my english.

Thanks in advance;

Emilio C�rdenas R.
    01-23-08 12:39 PM
    Any Help Guys?

I woul really appreciate it.
    01-25-08 08:00 AM
    To add the ringtones all you gotta do is connect your phone to the computer with a usb cable. And then drag it in the ringtone folder. As for the speakerphone question, press the button with the dolllar sign on it to activate speakphone.(Its right below L)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-08 08:08 AM
    To add the ringtones all you gotta do is connect your phone to the computer with a usb cable. And then drag it in the ringtone folder. As for the speakerphone question, press the button with the dolllar sign on it to activate speakphone.(Its right below L)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Use the desktop manager for this. The media manager lets you move files from you computer to the phone. The desktop software also allows you to backup and restore your phone so if your memory is wiped out you can always restore what you had on it. You can sync contact, calenders and things like that also. Its pretty cool try it out.
    01-25-08 10:00 AM
    Hi, same issue here regarding Opera Mini. 8320 unlocked from t-mobiles using it on Movistar Venezuela. Cant connect error....Any luck with it???? i think it has something to do with the APN configuration but i dont know the settings for Movistar Venezuela...do you?
    03-31-08 08:39 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    04-01-08 09:49 AM
    Hi, I got Opera Mini working....heres what I did:

These are then settings for BlackBerry Curve 8320.......

- Service Provider: Movistar
    - APN used for Opera Mini: internet.movistar.ve
    - Username and password: Username is your cell number example:04141234567, no spaces, no dashes, no special characters, numbers only , all 10 digits of your cell phone number........for password is your Cedula de Indentidad number, no letter just the numbers...if it is a Corporativa account then you need to put the Cedula of the Legal Representative of the account...again no special characters at all...just the numeric part of the Cedula...
    It is working on me now...what I did was:
    1) Uninstalled the non-working version of opera mini
    2)Then put the APN as described above
    3)Then pull battery of to force full restart
    4)Then start the BB
    5)Then downloaded the opera mini again using the BB browser....and then it worked

Hope this helps....
    04-10-08 01:31 PM
    hey the $ key is also speakerphone. after you dial, hit that key and its speakerphone.
    it took me a while to figure it out
    04-10-08 05:47 PM
    Welcome 2 The Madness!
    04-10-08 11:27 PM
    I can't wait til I'm in your shoes emilio. I've been holding out for my first bb for god knows how long. . .a few more days and i'll be posting my ridiculously naive but still loved newbie questions.
    04-10-08 11:32 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    04-10-08 11:45 PM
    i guess the speaker phone issue is fixed lol, as for adding ringtones i just plug in the phone and when the prompt comes up to open foler to view files i use that its easier, ive always had the same problem with opera, 4.5 os has an amazing browser on it so ill just wait for that
    04-11-08 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD