hello everyone , my name is bobby .
    i just picked up a blackberry 8330 . its used , but in excellent condition .
    i have service through US Cellular .

ok , i know you guys get ask this alot , but what do i need to know about the blackberry ? any MUST have apps ? i really enjoy free apps but i would like to hear about some apps that may even cost some money .

i know i could search the web , find a ton of reviews and top apps lists . but i want to ask some regular users/abusers what they think are the must haves.

also , im trying to learn alittle more about these themes . i have found a few free ones that i like but after i install the theme i find that not all the icons take on the theme design . is there a way to fix this ? it looks awful with the different looking icons clashing together .
    06-25-09 07:15 PM
    wow thats no good .

52 views of the post , no replies .

i was just introducing myself and asking what are the MUST have apps .
    im totally new to these phones , and i know how to search . but everyone has their own opinions as to what apps you should get/have .

i found several posts about what apps are the best . i guess i will just have to try them all til i find the ones i like/need .

thanks ?
    06-25-09 11:11 PM
    also , im trying to learn alittle more about these themes . i have found a few free ones that i like but after i install the theme i find that not all the icons take on the theme design . is there a way to fix this ? it looks awful with the different looking icons clashing together .
    Often themes come with a set of icons for commonly found apps and uses them by default... but obviously theme makers can't make a custom matching icon for every app ever... you're not going to escape that unless you photoshop your own icons and rebuild the theme. If it really bothers you you could put the odd icons into a folder... themes typically come with a matching folder icon.

Also I don't know how much anyone feels like creating a list of apps you should get... it really depends on what you do with your phone. There's banking apps, alternate browsers, internet radio, IM clients... the list goes on, you just have to decide what you want to do and search for the app that accomplishes it.
    06-25-09 11:25 PM
    For applications try different web browsers like Bolt or Opera mini. Free apps: Google maps, Evernote, & BBFileScout... just to name a few
    06-25-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD