I just got curve 8330 and verizon is my carrier. Compared to the Q I used to have this phone is amazing but one little thing makes me nuts. When I miss a call I get an indicator for the call long, an indicator letting me know I have a message to tell me I missed a call, and if there is a VM I get a text as well as an indicator alerting me to the VM.

Is it me or does the call log, message and text message seem like overkill?

Please tell me there is a way to stop this.

Thanks
    09-14-08 11:47 PM
    I Actually Find This Quite Helpfull..lol
    09-14-08 11:49 PM

i don't think u should be getting a txt about voicemail. but the other are pretty much required
    09-14-08 11:50 PM

i don't think u should be getting a txt about voicemail. but the other are pretty much required
    Yea you shouldnt be getting a txt about your voicemails but yea your bb def lets you know when your neglecting it
    09-14-08 11:54 PM
    From past threads about this issue it seems to be a CDMA carrier specific "feature" that can not be turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 11:59 PM
    I get the text message about voice mail, too. Maybe its just a Verizon thing?
    I never thought about it before. LOL

I've never tried to stop any of what you described, though.
    I need lots of reminders because I get sidetracked doing other things on my CB. (If it was just a phone then it'd be overkill for me. But I use it most for internet, so it helps me out.)

I'll bet there's a way to stop the blinking light reminder- maybe from the profiles>advanced area?
    Hmm.

09-15-08 12:00 AM
    I get the text message about voice mail, too. Maybe its just a Verizon thing?
    I never thought about it before. LOL

Yuh maybe because i have a bb with tmobile and att and never got a text telling me about my vm.. missed calls only
    09-15-08 12:05 AM
    All of your issues can be fixed by following Post #4 of this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...icemail-37600/
    09-15-08 12:09 AM
    I Actually Find This Quite Helpfull..lol
    Why am I not surprised by this.
    09-15-08 12:11 AM
    Thanks AmazingGraceless!

You know what I love about the CB forums?... The search function actually works!
    09-16-08 09:33 AM
    AG is amazing!!!

Personally, I like having the call log... it helps when they don't leave a voice message, so I can call them back if I think I need to (my choice), and you should always have a reminder that you have a voice message.
    09-16-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD