I've had my curve for about a month now (from sprint...yay) and I've had a couple of issues. 1). My phone cuts off at random. 2). It is slow as crap. I've got a 1 GB media card in and its still slow. I have tried MOP, no help. 3) I can not get my e-mail to receive messages. I'm wondering if software 4.5 will fix any or all of these issues. I love my 8330, but I'm trying to pull my hair out of my bald head.. Thanks.
    01-10-09 05:26 PM
    What's your File Free? Go to Options > Status on your phone.

What applications are you running? Facebook? viigo? Others?

The media card doesn't have anything to do with it.

Is your email properly set up? What type of email is it? How did you set it up?
    01-10-09 05:40 PM
    i was having similar issues with my 8310 (slow). So i tried upgrading my os to the new 4.5.0.110 and this solved my problems. my free space went from 10 to around 22-24. The only app im running if BB myspace.
    01-10-09 06:03 PM
    I've had my curve for about a month now (from sprint...yay) and I've had a couple of issues. 1). My phone cuts off at random. 2). It is slow as crap. I've got a 1 GB media card in and its still slow. I have tried MOP, no help. 3) I can not get my e-mail to receive messages. I'm wondering if software 4.5 will fix any or all of these issues. I love my 8330, but I'm trying to pull my hair out of my bald head.. Thanks.
    What's MOP? Have you been deleting your old text messages and call logs?

You could have a month load of stuff in there causing the symptoms you are describing.

Also, are you properly exiting out of any applications you run? Selecting Menu Exit/Close is the only way to prevent the application from continuing to run in the background.
    01-10-09 06:10 PM
    upgrade your firmware to 4.5.0.110 if it's not already
    01-10-09 06:28 PM
    Upgrade and closing apps are good starts. "Memory Cleaning" under Options, Security will clear some data as well as caches in Browser under Options, Cache Operations.

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 07:30 PM
    Sorry. I was typing this while on break at work. I'm going to try to answer all questions. No messages stay in my phone more than 1 day. I don't have myspace, facebook, etc. The only thing I run is AIM, and that's rarely. I exit everything like I should (menu, close). My file free is 22548522 bytes. I'm honestly scared to update my OS because sprint is sketchy lol. If anyone can help me find a fast way to clear up call logs, itd be appreciated. Hope this helps some. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
    01-10-09 07:50 PM
    My file free is 22548522 bytes.
    That sounds kinda low. I have 48 MB.
    01-10-09 08:20 PM
    Its not low, when its below 12,xxx,xxx is when ya have to do a bit of maintenance.
    01-10-09 08:24 PM
    Its not low, when its below 12,xxx,xxx is when ya have to do a bit of maintenance.
    Just saying that starting from 96 MB of RAM and not really running any memory hog programs to have only 22 MB free space is kinda low.
    01-10-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD