Hi guys, I just finagled my way into a new Curve 8330 from Verizon. I was having trouble with my Treo, and after 45 minutes on the phone, had them sending me the Blackberry. The thing hasn't even arrived yet.

Here's the deal, I wanna know what the must-have apps are for the device. I know I want to have Pandora or Slacker, and Orb. But what little applications are going to make my experience better. I had threaded sms on my treo and would like to be able to have that back if possible.

Bottom line, what little apps are now something you'd have a hard time living without? Help me get the best out of this device.
    03-22-09 01:25 PM
    Here are some popular download links:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Here are some of the users of this site favorite apps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...ions-bb-14431/

I would also recommend reading the Blackberry Lecture Series, link is found in my sig - enjoy the new device.
    03-22-09 01:30 PM
    My must have apps are opera mini, google sync, google maps and quicklaunch.
    03-22-09 03:30 PM
    Here's a few I like, vlingo, viigo, quicklaunch, pageonce.
    03-22-09 04:39 PM
    Google map, opera mini, weatherbug, quickpull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 05:00 PM
    Welcome to the fold! I ditched my Treo for a Curve last year and never looked back.

The first thing you are going to want to do is upgrade the OS; I think VZW still ships with 4.3. 4.5 is waay better; there is a known bug, however, with VZW's version (search the forums for "speakerphone blast" and you'll see what I mean). I have .131, which isn't an official VZW release, installed on mine and no longer have the speakerphone problem.

My must haves (most of which are free): viigo, slacker, blackberry alerts, splashmoney, maratick, bbweather, windows live messenger, windows live search, and mobipocket reader.

I'm also a fan of the free visual voicemail service from youmail and use vymail to get my messages on my Curve.

You'll find answers to most of your newbie questions here in the forums and the users are really nice if you need help with something.
    03-22-09 07:13 PM
    I defintely recommend opera mini for the curve.also twitter aint bad. You might want to look into deleting some apps you won't be using to free up some memory.
    03-22-09 07:35 PM
    Opera mini for sure. I also love the TellMe app. Viigo is a good one too.
    03-22-09 08:09 PM
    Viigo, slacker and opera mini are my favs
    07-13-09 08:51 AM
    How do you delete apps you don't want?
    07-13-09 10:11 AM
    yeah do you just hide them or what, also i put my card in and how do i get to manage whats on it and use it
    07-13-09 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD