i have an 8330 and i have setup the alert tone for voicemail and the alert is perfect when i receive a voicemail. The message shows up saying that i have a new vmail and the alert sounds. But, check this out...here is my practical problem:
    If I do not have the bberry directly on my person at the exact moment that a vmail arrives, and i am not right there to hear the alert, then it's over. The tone never sounds again after that. This kind of defeats the purpose of the alert tone, cuz if the phone rings and the bberry is on my person, then i would just ANSWER the call and not let it go to vmail. But if I walk away from my bberry for 5 minutes, and have missed the alert tone, i would have to look at the messages to see if there is a new one telling me that i have a NEW unheard vmail.
    So, is there any way to configure the vmail alert tone to CONTINUE to sound, until I RESPOND by reading the message? EVERY other PDA (always had verizon and still do) i have had in the past, would do this. The alert tone would continue every 2 or 3 minutes, until I responded to that action by looking at the message.......THEN the alert would stop.
    Any help is appreciated.
    12-09-09 07:14 AM
    i Believe you can set it to repeat one more time but it is just like a missed call
    12-09-09 08:42 AM
    Try Berrybuzz, it's a great little app that will solve your problem.
    12-09-09 10:00 AM
    what does that cost per month?
    12-09-09 10:19 AM
    It's a one time purchase. Check it out in shopcrackberry.com
    12-09-09 10:54 AM
    very worth the few bucks!
    12-09-09 10:56 AM
    bought it and it works great! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-09-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD