So I currently have a Treo 700wx and was thinking of upgrading to the Curve. I was going to wait for the Bold but I don't think it'll match up due to less spacing between the letters. (just like the world edition BB).

So I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Curve from Verizon and how do you like it?? I am also a little skeptical about the color.
    05-17-08 08:31 AM
    I just got mine yesterday and I love it! I have used, but never owned Treo's in the past, and Yes, the buttons are smaller on the Curve, and are made of a harder plastic. The Treo also gives you more room between the keys, probably not much, but that also makes the phone wider as a whole. I do not have small fingers or hands, but I have had no problem with the spacing between the buttons. I wouldn't worry about the color. Would I have prefered the black one like Sprint? Probably, but the silver trim is actually pretty nice and gives it a classier look. Go to a store and see it for yourself, but I wouldnt let that be a deal breaker for you.

I can already tell in one day that I made the right choice, while this is my first smartphone, I dont think anything other Blackberry in the future will do.
    If you want more info let me know...
    05-17-08 08:45 AM
    Yea I like the Treo 700wx too, but it's becoming a hassle for me. The treo is a tad bit thick for me, and I always had my eye on the Curve. I'm glad Verizon finally came out with the Curve, but the Bold is supposedly coming out soon also.

Again, Verizon users....if you just got the Curve how do you like it?? keyboard?? visuals?? color??
    05-17-08 08:58 AM
    Love it, love it, love it! I previously had a Pearl 8130 (and before that I used both a Razr and Palm Tungsten), and the Curve blows them all away! As for the color, I think it's sleek & sexy, but you can always mix it up with a skin. I have a hot pink one on my Curve now, and it looks awesome .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 09:10 AM
    Got my Curve on Wednesday after having used a Pearl since December. I absolutely love it! I was skeptical of the color, but its really grown on me. I bought a few different color skins for it to add my own personal touch...I'm also rockin' the hot pink at the moment, though the black looks nice too. They keyboard was easier to get used to than I thought it would be. Screen size is awesome. I highly suggest this device!

05-17-08 09:38 AM
    I got mine a few days ago... I love it and will never go back to wm... I came from a treo 700 and 6700, the only problem I have had is when I key the letter "o" I hit the "p" with it, god seemed fit to grace me with fingers like brats!!! Other than that this is really a user friendly phone meaning you don't have to be a computer engineer to work it. The ease of email is what I was looking for and was suprised to find that the camera and media player are far superior to those on both the 700 and 6700! BB for life now!

05-17-08 09:50 AM
    I love it! Just got it last week. I put a black silicon skin on it and it looks great. I had an 8130 and can't get over the difference. I don't regret it one bit. Got a GPS puck but there is a rumor that vz will unlock GPS this summer. Hope it pans out.

05-17-08 10:40 AM
    I love the Curve! I traded my 8830 for the Curve, and haven't looked back. The color is great, awesome form factor, and much easier (IMO) to use than my friends HTC. Just step in a store and pick one up, I bet you'll leave with it!
    05-17-08 10:53 AM
    I own a 8830 and I use Sprint, this morning a friend came by with a 8330 curve he got at Verizon yesterday. He has never owned a blackberry and wanted some tips. I have to say the curve itself not bad but the verizon theme wasn't the best. I tried showing him BB Maps and found Verizon blocks GPS unless you pay extra.........Sprint always allowed me GPS on maps, come on Verizon give the customer service. My 8830 is a touch larger which for my big hands is a plus, my friend liked the 8830 feel over the Curve as well. I only played with it for 45 minutes which as we all know IS NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH for a true addict to give review. I think Verizon owes the customer to open GPS, just my thought for what it is worth.
    05-17-08 10:55 AM
    I absolutely love this phone. Something about me has drawn me in, and I dont think I can go to another normal phone again
    05-17-08 10:57 AM
    I came from a XV6700, and I as a little scared coming from windows mobile, but I am a Blackberry convert now. I didn't want another touch screen (broke my xv6600 and 6700 haha) so I saw the curve on sale, im still in my 30 days, but I think im going to keep it. The only major gripe I do have is that my fingers are a little big and typing is a little hard for me. I just really want that damn Bold, but the curve is great. I recommend you augment the browsing with Opera Mini, so you can view most regular web pages you visit.
    05-17-08 11:05 AM
    I once thought the Treo was the best phone ever.... that was until i got the Curve! Became an addict by the 3rd day of owning it.

I will admit the smaller keyboard and losing the touch screen took a little getting used to but I'm over it! I cant ever see myself NOT using a blackberry ever.

My only regret is breaking my Sprint contract just to get the Curve....just for Sprint to get the phone 2 months later!
    05-17-08 12:59 PM
    I switched from the 8830 to the curve this week and I must say I do not regret it in the least. Better OS, smaller size, better keyboard, camera etc. etc. The color is also growing on me and I like the rubber sides just in case the phone takes a tumble, it won't chip or anything. 100% satisfied
    05-17-08 01:13 PM
    Its the best thing since sliced bread IMO. I love it!

05-17-08 03:54 PM
    I have had mine for two weeks today. Best phone Verizon has IMO
    05-17-08 03:59 PM
    This is what i did with mine... Maybe it will convince you to get one. I hated the silver/black color on the back so i got the Seidio rubberized batterty cover for it. All rubberized on the back side and the invisible sheild for the screen. I think it looks a lot better now.

05-17-08 04:45 PM
    love it love it love it i can do everything i want with it and more. in the last two months i went from an envy to a bb 8130 to a htc xv6800 blah that left a nasty taste in my mouth anyway the 8330 i just got and cant get over it im obssesed with it from youtube to the 3g service i cant think of more a great phone can have this has it all the best phone i have ever owned thanks bb and verizon.
    05-17-08 05:31 PM
    This is my first blackberry, and honestly, I love it. its hard to hate your "first". I say that with some type of pride I guess. I used to have the sidekick Lx, AND a verizon V phone.. And personally.. I was tired of carrying too phone. Verizon has a new deal where you get unlimited minutes and all for 149 (text, pix, flix, internet, blackberry and all), so i said "why not".. And sold the lx friday, had the blackberry by saturday. Im still building up to getting some stuff on here. I was expecting a lil bit more out that Facebook application (since the myspace app on the sidekick could do basically everything),but I cant be too greedy.

Im enoying this video feature again (something Danger and tmobile has YET to come up with the concept for yet).. One face explains me right now.
    05-17-08 05:43 PM
    Just got mine a few days ago. I'm totally new to the forum and BB's in general. This is my first smartphone. I did a lot of research before I bought. I really liked the Palm series 700/755/700wx but was not sure about the OS(dated Palm OS and unstable Windows OS.) I am very pleased with it so far. Very easy to set up e-mail. I ran into a few small snags loading the DM( I use Vista,) but got those ironed out.
    Forum is great, keep up the good work.
    Regards,
    Jay
    05-17-08 05:47 PM
    I agree with everyone else I dropped sprint to get the curve with vz and I'm glad this is my first bb and lovin it. Once u go blackb u never go backkkk... for everyone complaining about the color it grows on u and if u want to put out some more cash go to colorwarepc.net check it out .....
    05-17-08 05:58 PM
    Im not too concerned about the color really. If you buy that rubberized black back case for the blackberry.. It blends well with the blackberry. Ill take a photo and update
    05-17-08 06:11 PM
    I received my Curve a few days ago. Upgraded from the Treo 700. I KNOW I made the right choice. Love it!
    05-17-08 06:12 PM
    ditto... crackberry is perfect to describe this device ...
    05-17-08 08:27 PM
    i didnt like the color at first either but after seeing the other options the VZW looks much nicer than the others it looks more "expensive"
    05-17-08 11:35 PM
    Love this phone! Have had it for a week, and went from a BB 8130 which was first BB i ever owned - I will NEVER go back to a normal phone ever again. Its came in handy so much - the other day my friends and I were trying to find a place to eat and I google searched the address to put it into the GPS it was bad ***.

I love this phone
    05-17-08 11:38 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD