I just got my bb curve 8310 a few days ago and have a couple of questions. How do I silence the numeric buttons so that when I make a call, they don't beep? Also is there a way to log out of email so that you have to enter your password when you want to look at it? Thanks in advance
    08-26-08 10:50 PM
    why not just have your email pushed to you?
    08-26-08 10:51 PM
    No and no. If you are concerned about others looking at your email, you should password protect your entire phone.
    08-26-08 10:53 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 10:58 PM
    How do I password protect my entire phone? And what is having email "pushed" to you? Thanks so much for answering
    08-26-08 11:07 PM
    Nevermind! I found out how to password protect my entire phone. Thanks for all of the help.
    08-26-08 11:17 PM
    How do I password protect my entire phone? And what is having email "pushed" to you? Thanks so much for answering
    Push email:

Push e-mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-26-08 11:35 PM
    Options > Security > General > enable the password settings. Word of caution though, do not forget the password. Failure to enter the correct password after 10 attempts will invoke the wipe function, erasing all personal data from the phone.
    08-26-08 11:55 PM
    I just got my bb curve 8310 a few days ago and have a couple of questions. How do I silence the numeric buttons so that when I make a call, they don't beep? Also is there a way to log out of email so that you have to enter your password when you want to look at it? Thanks in advance
    I see you got your password questions answered, but not the touchtone question. There is no option to turn off the touch tones, but here is a technique you can use to accomplish the same thing:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tur...dialing-19161/

Here is a thread that describes another technique that seems to work for some phone/OS combinations. It does not work for my Verizon 8830, so I can't verify it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mut...dialing-53875/

Hope these help.
    08-27-08 06:51 AM
    I just found this out today...hold down the green "make call" button, click [use once] then dial ur # Easy as pie. I've had the same issue since I got my bb in feb. FINALLY! A suggestion that works!

09-21-08 01:57 PM
    Welcome to my addiction

09-21-08 02:03 PM
    09-21-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD