I just got my CURVE yesterday and ditched my RAZR, loving it already except i got a few questions.

(1) Can a sprint store switch my contacts over or am I about to spend the week doing this?
    (2) Do my RAZR chargers work with the CURVE so I don't have to go by a new car charger? (I just want to make sure I don't blow it up)

Any other advice for a new user would be great.
    07-16-08 10:20 AM
    1. You should be able to have Sprint tranfer your contacts. Most carriers don't charge for this service.

2.I don't think you'll be able to. I think you'll have to pony up and buy the new car charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 10:33 AM
    yes it will work. both are mini usb ports.

not sure which razr you had so i pulled up the v3c and curve accessory list and both have the same vpc model. miniusbvpc
    07-16-08 10:40 AM
    Moto chargers are known to work with BBs. Welcome to the crack!
    07-16-08 10:42 AM
    Hello and welcome! You will love this site!
    07-16-08 10:42 AM
    I just got my CURVE yesterday and ditched my RAZR, loving it already except i got a few questions.

(1) Can a sprint store switch my contacts over or am I about to spend the week doing this?
    (2) Do my RAZR chargers work with the CURVE so I don't have to go by a new car charger? (I just want to make sure I don't blow it up)

Any other advice for a new user would be great.
    1) The store should be able to do that for you. They might charge you though, I know Verizon charges $10 to transfer phonebooks but that's only because they're greedy a**holes.

2) They should work since they are both miniUSB, but you should make sure the voltage and amperage are compatible. It's always best to go with OEM chargers that are made for that specific device. Any other way and you're voiding your warranty. Just a word of caution!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    07-16-08 10:43 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!
    07-16-08 11:36 AM
    Welcome to the family. I had problems switching my contacts over and had to go to sprint and have them do it for me. There was no charge for this, BUT only phone numbers were transfered, not addresses, emails addresses or additional information you may have had stored under each contact. So I still had to go into outlook and add the additional information which took several hours. It was worth it, I love my curve!!!
    07-16-08 12:28 PM
    Ok, I'm not so good with this blackberry and outlook.

Can someone help me with how to even sync with outlook contacts? I don't wnat to go to verizon store to transfer my contact since I want to modify the current contact in my old treo.

Can someone tell me more?
    07-26-08 11:21 PM
    Install the Desktop Manager on your PC and it will let you sync your contact, calendar, and/or task from Outlook to your BlackBerry.
    07-27-08 12:48 PM
    Welcome Brad, I only found this site like a week ago and I'm already addicted!
    Since I dont have sprint idk about you being able to transfer your contacts automatically.
    Since the moto razr charger is miniUSB just like the BB's charging port, it should fit just fine, but charging-wise i do agree with Marine cuz u do wanna make sure that the voltages and current are compatible with the bb, cuz if not you dont wanna fry your bb's battery
    07-27-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD