Hi guys, got my first blackberry and I want to get the latest version of the OS on it without screwing anything up on my phone. My blackberry is the verizon 8330 and I have a mac. How would I go about getting the latest OS version on the 8330? (is the new one 4.5?)
    10-02-09 11:15 PM
    Well, BBDM for Mac just came out so you should download that and that will make it easy to get any backups done and update sw if you need to.

But you just got the device so you should be good on an OS, unless you want a hybrid build of some sort, which this forum is full of lol , along with helpful ppl.

But heres a link for you to verify software
    BlackBerry® Software Updates select personal email and you have the 8330

And to check your OS go to Options --> About

Welcome to Crackberry and enjoy the phone!
    10-02-09 11:28 PM
    well the reason i wanted 4.5 was because I heard that it had html email and a better web browser as well as a document viewer/editor.
    10-03-09 10:19 AM
    4.6 has HTML Email and the browser is better on 4.6 IMO... You can't downgrade to 4.5 as is a totally different OS

For HTML email go into the Messages folder and hit the BB menu key, select Options>Email Settings>where it says "enable HTML" make sure it says yes...

4.6 has Docs to go which is pretty good, you can view/edit documents with no problems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) you can upgrade to the premium...
    10-03-09 10:28 AM
    yeah thats what i meant. I wasn't sure if it was 4.5 or 4.6 but i want the documents to go and all that and the better web browser. Can some one tell me how to go about doing that?
    10-03-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD