I have never had a qwerty keyboard much less a blackberry in my entire life. I'm not young, way past being young in fact and I find I don't always grasp electronic stuff as quickly as young folks do. I am now the proud owner of a Blackberry Curve 8310.

That being said, I've been trying to use ringtones that I've downloaded as reminders on my calendar and tasks lists and I'll be scrolling up the list, trying to set the alarm thingee up and get about half way up my list of ringtones that I've downloaded and bam, the phone shuts itself off and restarts. Why? Is it that blackberry doesn't allow regular music ringtones as reminder alerts (or whatever you call it) or is there something wrong with my blackberry or am I just nuts?

Thanks for any advice anyone wants to give me. Oh and please be gentle if you tell my I'm completely ignorant even if I am. I'd take it to the at&t lady in town but I've bugged her enough as it is. Particularly since I didn't buy my phone from them. Got a really good deal at walmart.
    06-02-09 09:14 PM
    Wow, yeah that's not normal function. There's not really anything aside from holding down the power key or removing the battery that should cause your phone to shut off.
    06-02-09 09:17 PM
    I would try using different tones...I have had issues (not with BB but with several phones before) where certain tones just made problems. So I would definitely try different tones and if that doesn't work you're probably going to want to have a rep at an AT&T store look at it.
    06-02-09 09:22 PM
    I figured it out. I don't know why I didn't figure it out before. It just startled me so bad. It WAS a certain ringtone that did it. I deleted it though I do really, really like that ringtone. Then I could go all the way up and down my lists and set the phone with the ringtone I wanted. Worse, its a tone I downloaded right here from crackberry. I don't know whether I should try redownloading it or if the file from here is corrupt. I probably won't try. Enough problems in life without messing up one's brand new cell phone.
    06-02-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD