OK. I havetwo questions.

1. I have the enterprise for business email set up on my phone and understand I can have up to 10 email accounts. The problem is, I set up two personal email accounts besides my work email, and all email comes into my message box. I understand this must be how it works versus my personal email going into my AOL designated icon on my screen only. (right?) but the issue is, someone has read my personal emails so could it be my IT dept. reading them? or does it sound like a possible "hack" job?

2. Is it true that if you set up a bookmark in your BB browser i.e. AOL portal and send and receive emails there ONLY, can nobody else have access to these? Like it would be only between you and the AOL server I am assuming?

Please help. Thanks!
    03-14-09 08:12 AM
    Pretty much impossible to hack a BB.

If they pay for the phone, its on BES, its your priveldge to use it. They can do whatever they want.
    03-14-09 08:22 AM
    You can also install an app called Empower Pro BES Mailbox

here

Empower Work Folder (BES MailBox) : BlackBerry Curve : Handango

to seperate your personal and business.
    03-14-09 08:24 AM
    And, one more Q.. what makes you think someone is reading your emails?
    03-14-09 08:25 AM
    Your IT admin can see everything you do on your device, SMS, emails, BlackBerry Messenger, call logs, etc. My IT guy stores info on employees Blackberries for 2 years on our servers. That's why they call BES "Big Brother" depending on how strict your company takes security, even trying to update your device can result in termination, they consider it a security issue, especially if your company has alot of proprietary information, hence the auto-lock feature on alot of corporate BB's...
    03-14-09 08:26 AM
    I own my BB and the company pays for the service monthly. I know someone has read my personal email because on AOL you can check the status and it will tell you when read, and it wasnt me and nobody else has access to my BB. Again, my number 2 question can my company access my personal email account within my AOL account? I wouldnt think so but that's why I'm asking.
    03-14-09 09:52 AM
    Yes, they can. You're running on their system, they can see your e-mails, whether from a personal account or not...
    03-14-09 09:57 AM
    Which is why it's typically NOT advisable to put your personally owned device on your employer's BES.
    03-14-09 10:04 AM
    But how can they without without sign-in and password to my AOL account throught the AOL web page??

i.e > BB Browser > AOL.com > sign-in and password > to get my mail.
    03-14-09 10:07 AM
    Which is why it's typically NOT advisable to put your personally owned device on your employer's BES.
    More and more corporate companies are stopping this, if they feel you need a Blackberry, they will get you one. There is a new issue in corporate called "discovery" it's too risky for a employee to have a personal BB and have it running on their servers...
    03-14-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD