I bought a Curve 8330 from a friend today for $40. The battery was dead so I didnt have a chance to check it out first, but I figured $40 for a Curve is a steal. I popped off the battery case and battery and both the phone and battery show water. The stickers aren't completely red, but a light pink, and this phone has been laying around for a while. So I am wondering what I should be looking for. The screen still work, the phone is charging up now.
    12-08-09 02:26 PM
    If theres water still, try to dry it as much as you can.
    Then, put it inside a bowl with raw rice and the rice will suck out the moisture.
    12-08-09 02:28 PM
    Did you ask your "friend" if it had water damage. If it did and they didn't mention it I would have to question the "friend" status.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 03:05 PM
    looks like your friend screwed you
    12-08-09 03:49 PM
    Sounds like it to me.

The rice or the silica gel packs you get in sneakers work as well. Assuming it's still wet. If it's just showing water damage, power it up and give it a whirl.
    12-09-09 01:37 AM
    Get your $40 back and buy a Verizon Curve for $29.99 (w/ 2 year Contract). Then, look for another friend.
    12-09-09 02:26 AM
    Hopefully, your contract is up so you do not have 2 contracts, of course.. LoL.
    12-09-09 02:28 AM
    LOL

man oh man
    12-09-09 12:03 PM
    I bought a Curve 8330 from a friend today for $40. The battery was dead so I didnt have a chance to check it out first, but I figured $40 for a Curve is a steal. I popped off the battery case and battery and both the phone and battery show water. The stickers aren't completely red, but a light pink, and this phone has been laying around for a while. So I am wondering what I should be looking for. The screen still work, the phone is charging up now.
    Did it work after you charged it?
    12-09-09 12:05 PM
    friend??? me thinketh not...
    12-09-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD