Just got my bb 8330 & Whenever i get a txt,pic message the screen doesn't flash. I just hear the sound is their any way to make the screen flash? Its like when someone calls you the screen turns on, That's how i want it for my messages. I'm stuck please help
    07-21-09 06:26 PM
    I have peekawho. Its like an outlook app for bb. It pops up a well pop up and tells who its from and the msg. As well as turns the light on. Completly worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:52 PM
    But doesnt the phone have an option that makes the screen flash that i have a new message?
    07-21-09 07:35 PM
    Not sure what you want in the way of screen 'flash' but BB Light is a free download that contains a setting to activate the screen upon receiving a text. I.E. it turns on the backlight so you can see the text without pushing any buttons to make it happen.
    07-21-09 07:37 PM
    I tried BB Light & the backlight still doesnt turn on when i get a text message.
    07-21-09 07:44 PM
    I tried BB Light & the backlight still doesnt turn on when i get a text message.

Are you sure you have the option checked to turn on when receiving an SMS? If not that'll do it. If so, try a battery pull if you recently downloaded BB Light.
    07-21-09 07:50 PM
    I have the option checked in BB Light but the screen backlight doesnt come on.
    07-21-09 07:51 PM
    I have the option checked in BB Light but the screen backlight doesnt come on.
    That is really strange. Not sure what to say on that because that's precisely what it's designed to do and it works great on mine.

I guess it COULD be OS related. What are you running on your phone?
    07-21-09 07:56 PM
    Blackberry 4.5.0.131 - I just got this phone sunday at bestbuy, I'm with sprint. The screen comes on when i get a call, That's whats driving me nuts.
    07-21-09 07:57 PM
    Blackberry 4.5.0.131 - I just got this phone sunday at bestbuy, I'm with sprint. The screen comes on when i get a call, That's whats driving me nuts.

I wonder if perhaps you downloaded an older version of the app. There was a time when this wasn't a function of the software. Do you remember which version you got? You want version 1.95. If you don't remember, go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications

BBLight will likely be the first or one of the first in the list and the version will be listed off to the right.
    07-21-09 08:16 PM
    If the above doesn't prove to be the answer, I bet I know what it is. I completely forgot about this...there are 2 options when you close out of the program, close and exit. I believe exit will turn off the program entirely where close will get rid of it but it'll still control the settings. This may be the hangup.
    07-21-09 08:28 PM
    i downloaded this BBLight.jad its just 1 file have no clue how to load it or where it goes im new to the BBCurve 8330, and i don't know what version it is the file i mean? but i would like to know if it will work? it is a pain opening up a txt message everytime.
    Last edited by desertrat2; 07-22-09 at 12:14 AM.
    07-22-09 12:07 AM
    Yea i finally got it working with BB Light now, Thank you very much & to get it working you need to download it from your phone. I can't post links so can someone please post it for desertrat2.
    07-22-09 05:43 AM
    Yea i finally got it working with BB Light now, Thank you very much & to get it working you need to download it from your phone. I can't post links so can someone please post it for desertrat2.
    I have it on my desktop BBLight.jad but im not sure which version it is, plus i dont know how to load it using desktop manager its only 1 file or what folder it goes in when i have desktop manager open

YAY got it working, screen lights up now
    Last edited by desertrat2; 07-22-09 at 12:13 PM.
    07-22-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD