So I just got the new curve with wifi, and as of now, am a bit lost. i have never had a smart phone. Immediately I notice that I dont really like the browser, and was wondering how to replace it? Maybe get opera mini? And also, how exactly do I get themes/ring tones on it? change the desktop background? All of these basic operations I can't really seem to find them! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. How do I setup my email? The only thing I see here is for some kind of enterprise email. I just want it to read my school email. I guess its cause I dont have a data plan? I figured wifi would be enough?

P.S.S.As a matter of fact, when I try to sign on to aim it sais "please visit blackberry.com/aim to activate your handheld for AIM"
    I visit it on my phone and on the computer and the site offers no help what so ever. Any ideas?
    12-15-07 09:16 PM
    If you don't have a data plan, you're not going to be able to do anything involving data. The WiFi doesn't help you here, because the communication still goes through RIM's NOC, which knowns what services you are set up for through TMO. If you're not set up for BIS email (blackberry internet service, ie: basic blackberry data), you're not getting that email on your device.
    12-15-07 09:22 PM
    What about the rest of the issues including AIM?
    12-15-07 10:45 PM
    AIM uses a data connection, not a voice connection. It will not work without a BlackBerry Dataplan.

you can download mp3s or other music files to your BB through BlackBerry Desktop Manager using the media manager application. If you have a memory card, you can just drag/drop using mass storage mode.

you can change the desktop background by going to the "Media" icon on the BB. then go to pictures, and then "my pictures" or "preloaded pictures". Open one of the thumbnails, click on the menu button and select "set as background image"

i think that was all of them...
    12-15-07 10:50 PM
    Blackberry with no data plan......not much use or fun beyond texting! Go back and get the data plan!
    12-15-07 11:53 PM
    what about replacing the browser with something like operamini?
    12-16-07 02:17 PM
    Still uses data plan.

but thats what i did. Switched to opera.

POroblem is, opera doesnt support over the air downloads.

Still looks great tho!
    12-16-07 02:20 PM
    well at 10.00 for email, and 20.00 for internet, it seems a bit foolish to just get the email eh?
    12-16-07 03:15 PM
    I dont remember the prices very well, just get in contact with your service provider, and ask for what you should get. The reps you speak to tend to be very good at providing you with the best deal depending on what you use your phone for.
    12-16-07 03:18 PM
    The 20 buck plan with BIS will get you what you want. I had the T-Mobile hot spot thing and canceled it because it still did NOT give me my e-mail. Now it does and the cost was the same. Get the Black Berry Internet Service.
    12-16-07 04:41 PM
    I got the data plan now. So what are some good places to get free themes? Applications? And also, what are some good applications?
    12-17-07 02:23 PM
    I have TMO what is the diffrence between dealing with them or just going to bb
    12-17-07 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD