10-22-07 12:18 PM
    This should fix all your UMA issues, although 4.2.2.175 fixed most of it, this should do the job.
    10-22-07 12:24 PM
    i shall be updating tonight..!!
    10-22-07 01:10 PM
    I just upgraded, unfortunately the wifi and bluetooth is still an issue.
    10-22-07 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the info Flash!
    10-22-07 03:25 PM
    i will try this update. thanks!
    10-22-07 05:37 PM
    have no problems with new software or old bluetooth or wifi
    10-23-07 10:48 PM
    Well, how do I update on Mac Platform? Seems that Blackberry isn't to Mac friendly....i'm using an 8320. Any help appreciated....thanks....don
    10-24-07 06:16 AM
    After the upgrade I seem to have slowed down a bit. Menus that were instant are taking longer to load.
    10-24-07 07:27 AM
    I just did the upgrade. Now, I cannot sync with Desktop Manager. Error "duplicate records found." Anybody to help?
    10-24-07 03:20 PM
    I having a problem with this upgrade, and hopefully some of you can help. I am noticing more communication with my router when I call out and send a SMS.

My problem is that when Im making a UMA call, the call is dropped which happen 1-4 mins in the call. I tried it when calling my VM, but it seems that the communication for that call is a lower bandwidth requirement since only one side is talking.

If anyone has any suggestions to stop the dropped calls, it would be great.
    P.S. I did not have this problem when I was on previous version
    10-25-07 02:57 PM
    I haven't experienced that problem.... yet...
    10-25-07 03:51 PM
    After the upgrade I seem to have slowed down a bit. Menus that were instant are taking longer to load.

Usually, after an upgrade, everything is slow, wait til everything loads up.

Oh and Welcome guys, glad I can contribute.
    10-25-07 04:15 PM
    This should fix all your UMA issues, although 4.2.2.175 fixed most of it, this should do the job.
    Is there any info on the Net as to what this T-Mo upgrade fixes?

I have WiFi @home and have been using it since it came out [on a Nokia]. Then got the Curve on Sept. 24.

I have had some connection problems with the Curve. I heard that T-Mo in late October would be coming out with an update that would fix the issues. Is this it?

Now to see your latest post that the WiFi issues remain. Huh?

Can you explain this. I don't want to install the update if it does not fix my WiFi hotspot @home issues. Sounds like you are possibly saying the problems remain.
    Last edited by Michael CrackBerry; 10-25-07 at 05:35 PM.
    10-25-07 04:29 PM
    I personally haven't noticed it fixing anything. When connected to WiFi the data arrows move a lot faster, but that's the only big difference I have noticed. I still have issues dropping UMA and switching to EDGE... the wifi and bluetooth is still an issue, etc...
    10-25-07 05:27 PM
    I personally haven't noticed it fixing anything. When connected to WiFi the data arrows move a lot faster, but that's the only big difference I have noticed. I still have issues dropping UMA and switching to EDGE... the WiFi and bluetooth is still an issue, etc...
    Now I recall that is the fix I heard about, that a WiFi connection will be faster when browsing. This was in response to a Site that did a speed comparison. Someone posted that T-Mo was fixing the speed/connection issue in late October that would cause the Curve WiFi-connected browser to speed up.

I am not aware of other fixes. But given T-Mo's reputation, I am sure they are aware of the other issues [switching from EDGE to WiFi, vice versa].

Since we are "early adopters" on the @home and the Curve, I'll be patient. Maybe around late December for another fix?
    10-25-07 05:40 PM
    Hey Everyone - Newbie sorta here - had one of the original BB's back in 2000 and now A TMO subscriber with a 8320. One thing to mention to anyone reading this thread - BE PATIENT WHILE UPGRADING! After downloading the new OS, the entire update process took me 36 minutes - many of them wondering if the device was brain dead. In addition, as mentioned previously - once upgraded the device goes thru an activation cycle which also takes about 5 minutes or so, aps and menu items may be sluggish to load. The only thing I seem to have lost in the upgrade was my MyFav's Icons. I'll report back if I experience any issues with the new OS.
    10-25-07 07:47 PM
    This got better today.

I personally haven't noticed it fixing anything. When connected to WiFi the data arrows move a lot faster, but that's the only big difference I have noticed. I still have issues dropping UMA and switching to EDGE... the wifi and bluetooth is still an issue, etc...
    I noticed the arrows as well. I have no complaints.
    10-25-07 08:07 PM
    Install went well. But, like others, I swear from time to time, it seems as if the menu(s) are slower...
    10-25-07 08:12 PM
    I am using blackberry on Fido. Will updating lock my phone again? Also just wondering how do I download as I don't have Tmobile number
    10-27-07 03:20 PM
    I am using blackberry on Fido. Will updating lock my phone again? Also just wondering how do I download as I don't have Tmobile number
    probably not. once it gets unlocked, i don't think it'll get locked again even if you update.. good question though. let's wait for the Mods/Experts confirmation
    10-27-07 04:35 PM
    How do I download the new OS using a Mac? I have PocketMac installed. Will that help?
    10-27-07 08:18 PM
    this update has taken 54 minutes to install so far, but for the past 15 mins or so, it seems to be stuck restoring all 20 or so sms messages i have. now i have to call tech support to see what in the world i can do to avoid bricking my phone, all to install a firmware update which apparently does nothing.

btw stemkroywen, i'm a mac user as well. you will not be able to install this update with pocketmac, nor will you be able to do much of anything with that useless program. you'll have to use a friend's/work's/family's pc (like i did). hope it doesn't freeze up on you like it just did me.

this is my first blackberry and so far i'm not too impressed.
    10-28-07 06:52 AM
    Hey Everyone - Newbie sorta here - had one of the original BB's back in 2000 and now A TMO subscriber with a 8320. One thing to mention to anyone reading this thread - BE PATIENT WHILE UPGRADING! After downloading the new OS, the entire update process took me 36 minutes - many of them wondering if the device was brain dead. In addition, as mentioned previously - once upgraded the device goes thru an activation cycle which also takes about 5 minutes or so, aps and menu items may be sluggish to load. The only thing I seem to have lost in the upgrade was my MyFav's Icons. I'll report back if I experience any issues with the new OS.
    Thanks for posting this for newbies. Yes, the long-appearing hourglass on the screen can be unnerving.

On other Forums [of which I am a member, hi kasperapd], loading Pearl OS updates cause the hourglass to spin for sometimes 20 to 30 minutes. And the update takes sometimes more than 30 minutes.

Like you say, patience [and faith] are needed when upgrading a RIM OS.
    10-28-07 09:49 PM
    btw how NON TMOBILE USER will download the updates? Coz on Tmobile site its asking for our Tmobile number

Edit: I was able to find Tmobile number that I can use to download software form their site: :-)
    Last edited by Alvin; 10-29-07 at 09:36 PM.
    10-29-07 09:20 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD