My old phone would beep when I would receive a text while on a call. I've noticed my curve does not do that. Does anyone know if there is a setting to make it beep while on a call? I know the red light flashes, but I can't see that while on the phone.

Thanks!
    08-08-08 12:04 PM
    Yes there is. Go to Profiles>Advanced>Highlight the Profile you want to use>Menu>Edit>SMS Text>Notify Me During Calls-Yes.
    Last edited by Twin13; 08-08-08 at 12:22 PM. Reason: yester18 corrected me, sorry
    08-08-08 12:18 PM
    That option is only for TXT, not email or MMS
    08-08-08 12:21 PM
    That option is only for TXT, not email or MMS
    I fixed it, sorry. See if I try and help anybody again, just kidding! haha. I quoted you in the 'Reason for editing'....haha.
    08-08-08 12:24 PM
    lol yeah wonder why it only does it for text?
    08-08-08 12:25 PM
    lol yeah wonder why it only does it for text?
    You have Verizon, thus a CDMA device, which cannot use data (Email/MMS) while on the phone portion of the radio, so you can't recieve emails or MMS on the phone anyway, so why have a configurable alert for it?
    08-08-08 12:43 PM
    You have Verizon, thus a CDMA device, which cannot use data (Email/MMS) while on the phone portion of the radio, so you can't recieve emails or MMS on the phone anyway, so why have a configurable alert for it?
    That would explain why when I get those dirty MMS', I mean, important emails, and I am on the phone, I have to 'Retrieve Now' after I hang up. I get texts just not MMS'. Not a problem tho.
    08-08-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD