I was just sent a replacement blackberry and wanted to know is there a way to transfer my email, contacts, apps etc. To the new phone myslef without having to get it done somewhere? Also the new phone says curve 8330m and my old phone was just an 8330 what is the difference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 07:31 PM
    Use the Device Switch wizard in Desktop Manger to transfer everything from your old BB to new BB.

The m is for an MEID Curve 8330m and the non-m 8330 is an ESN Curve.
    04-24-09 07:37 PM
    Use the Device Switch wizard in Desktop Manger to transfer everything from your old BB to new BB.

The m is for an MEID Curve 8330m and the non-m 8330 is an ESN Curve.

What does meid/esn stand for? And can I use the device switch wizard b4 the new phone is activated?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 07:40 PM
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID) is a globally unique number identifying a physical piece of CDMA mobile station equipment. The number format is defined by the 3GPP2 report S.R0048 but in practical terms it can be seen as an IMEI but with hexadecimal digits.

An MEID is 56 bits long (14 hex digits). It consists of three fields, including an 8-bit regional code (RR), a 24-bit manufacturer code, and a 24-bit manufacturer-assigned serial number. The check digit (CD) is not considered part of the MEID.
    The MEID was created to replace ESNs, which are nearing exhaustion. As of TIA/EIA/IS-41 Revision D and TIA/EIA/IS-2000 Rev C, the ESN is still a required field in many messages—for compatibility, devices with an MEID can use a pseudo ESN (pESN), which is a manufacturer code of 0x80 (formerly reserved) followed by the least significant 24 bits of the SHA-1 hash of the MEID.[1]

Yes, you can use the device switch wizard before the BB is activated.
    04-24-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD