Has anyone successfully updated their Sprint Curve to OS 4.5 yet?! If so, let me know how it turned out. I checked Sprint's forum site and they are still working on the update. Sounds like it could be a while before it's actually released. I don't want to wait that long. Thanks...
    11-24-08 05:31 PM
    I did!! 4.5.0.97. And I love it!!!

Google it. Now

I've had no issues. Nav, TV, it all works great

Let me know if you wanna know anything specific!!

Kev

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 05:38 PM
    Actually, I'd like to know exactly how you did it. I see all of these threads on CB about people having problems after they've upgraded and some want to go back to their original OS. What are some of the advantages that you've noticed? Do you have MMS yet? Thanks....
    11-24-08 05:47 PM
    I like the better browser experience. Things are easier to read and just loook cleaner in gen. Html email wasn't so huge for me. More mem available is nice. No more pre loaded photos. Docs to go is neat. More themes available for dl

But no mms

Honestly I don't think we're ever going to get mms on berry for sprint. At least not on the curve

Kev

11-24-08 05:51 PM
    I upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.97 too and LOVE IT!
    11-24-08 06:15 PM
    I also upgraded to 4.5.0.97. No issues, very smooth operation.
    11-24-08 06:23 PM
    Yes...the whole Themes issue is one reason why I want to upgrade in the 1st place. Seems like no one is making them for OS 4.3 anymore. Oh, and HTML email as well.
    11-24-08 06:40 PM
    No mms when u update cause other people carriers didn't have to update it with 4.5 so its obvious that you wouldn't get it when updating through other carriers, but aside from that yes its all good. Only thing I don't like is u can't choose "only roaming" in data connections atleast I can't from the 4.5 version I got, it just now occured to me that it could be dependant on which carrier's version you use. At work I barely get a signal since unless I'm roaming and its frustrating not to be able to just force roaming.

And its looking like we will be getting mms soon, peopke are talking about seeing it on their bills, and sprint is ditching picture mail at the end of december as per what it says on their website when I log in to check my plan. Why? Probably because they won't need it because we'll have mms. Just speculation though.

11-24-08 06:57 PM
    Omg can someone please tell how to upgrade? Like can someone posts steps for those of us who have a hard time? Lol

And I read somewhere u can get mms if u don't enable docs to go. Is that true? I want mms and html email. I get lots of emails to my bb.

So please some get back to us. Thanks!

Ps: I too have an 8330 curve wit sprint.
    11-24-08 07:40 PM
    Omg can someone please tell how to upgrade? Like can someone posts steps for those of us who have a hard time? Lol

And I read somewhere u can get mms if u don't enable docs to go. Is that true? I want mms and html email. I get lots of emails to my bb.

So please some get back to us. Thanks!

Ps: I too have an 8330 curve wit sprint.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

Dont forget to delete the vendor file
    11-24-08 08:13 PM
    Where did you guys get .97 from? All I see on CB is .77?!
    11-24-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD