Hello All,

Forgive me if this is a silly question - I am new to the BB world (but very glad to have joined the dark side!).

In any case I was just starting to get the hang of this when a new mwssage icon appeared at the top of my screen. The number one in parenthasis and a yellow envelope. What is strange is that there is no red astrix denoting a new message as it usually does and I have no unread texts or emails.

Why is that thing there, what does it mean and how to I ease my OCD self by getting rid of it??

Thanks to all in advance. You are truly the best, most knowledgable folks I've encountered with regard to BBs!
    04-14-09 08:08 AM
    Check all folders for any message that might be bold.

In message or inbox, hit menu and select mark prior open.

If all that does not work try pulling out the battery while device is on for 30 sec then place back in. device will take 2 min to boot up. It should be gone by then.
    04-14-09 08:48 AM
    Not sure if this will help but when this first happend to me my OCD too kicked into full throttle. What I found was that even though I thought that I had looked at every message, I actually did not. I still do not know what the issue was but I ended up opening all the messages that I had received and it did clear.
    04-14-09 09:11 AM
    Check all folders for any message that might be bold.

In message or inbox, hit menu and select mark prior open.

If all that does not work try pulling out the battery while device is on for 30 sec then place back in. device will take 2 min to boot up. It should be gone by then.

Pulling out the battery totally worked. You were right, it took a good couple of minutes for the phone to reboot itself, but when it did, the message alert was gone! My OCD has been calmed Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    04-14-09 10:02 AM
    Not a problem.

Check out the Help and Faq section also. there is a awesome Crackberry 101 which will help you learn more about the device.
    04-14-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD