Hi---i hope someone can help me because I really don't want to upgrade from my 8310 curve. My keyboard is starting to act funny in very humid weather--when i type certain letters i don't get what i typed. For ex if i type t i get yi, if i type g i get yi, and it varys from there but certain letters give me yi--(y i haven't a clue-hehehehe!!!!) There are also some other keys that don't work when this problem happens--the menu button and the green phone button.

This started in Florida in Feb, stopped when I got home to NJ and now with summer approaching & the humidity kicking up it is starting again. Now when the phone does this it always goes back to normal--I guess when the humidity leaves the keyboard. I don't leave the phone outside in the humidity, this is happening in the house--windows are open, but phone is well protected from the elements.

Does this sound like i may need a new keyboard or a new blackberry. I LUV my curve & I really don't want to upgrade.
    06-10-09 05:10 PM
    I have a read a few posts where people seem to be having similar problems that I'm haveing so i'm bumpin this up.

Any suggestions to a solution on this?
    06-11-09 09:11 AM
    I am with Sprint but I have had many repairs done to my phone long after any warranty period. I have had parts replaced even screens replaced no charge. I visit a company store with real technical support and when there isn't much happening. If they want to keep it for an hour I let them have it. I thank them many times and off I go.

Worth a try.
    06-11-09 09:35 AM
    Thats a good idea--I have an att store nearby I caould do that.

Thanks for the suggestion zarthan!
    06-11-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD