Does swapping the housing of my curve void the phone's warranty?

I know it messes with the screws underneath, but doesn't really seem that big of a deal to me.

Thanks guys!
    12-06-08 02:10 AM
    Yep. As soon as you crack open the case, you've voided the warranty.
    12-06-08 07:37 AM
    Hahaha, nobody I know changes cases more than Rachel0179...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:40 AM
    I don't know how many times Rachel changes hers but I change mine at least every two to three days. I keep buying new housings and paint them myself, so I always have different designs.

12-06-08 07:52 AM
    I didn't know you could even get new housing :O
    I've had my bb about a week so I better wait a while LOL
    12-06-08 07:37 PM
    I prefer to call my housings... "outfits"

I have A LOT
    12-06-08 08:07 PM
    I change between my BeckyMae purple and my sparkly silver housing whenever I use a background that doesn't match with the housing lol...but I much prefer my purple one!

But yes it voids the warrenty...
    12-07-08 10:58 AM

I have A LOT
    See what i mean guys, hahaha...
    12-07-08 10:59 AM
    what if i put the old housing back on? would they be able to tell that i changed it?

i'd like a black housing for my curve but dont want to be out of luck if something ever happens to it.

also, where do you guys get your housings? thanks!
    12-08-08 09:28 PM
    I much prefer to use clothes and not perform surgery on my baby. I found these stickon covers called Gizmobies, they look really sharp and protect. And I don't risk stripping a screw, getting glue on a screen or ruining an antenna. Lol, you are brave, Rach.

12-08-08 09:41 PM
    Now if you plan your days outfits with a housing in mind, we may need to
    get you some help
    12-08-08 09:54 PM
    yeah austo has a good point. can they tell?

and where do you get all your housings?
    12-08-08 09:55 PM
    when watching these videos on youtube i never see any tabs or stickers that need to be removed so i dont see how they would be able to tell that the phone was opened
    12-09-08 12:15 PM
    Now if you plan your days outfits with a housing in mind, we may need to
    get you some help
    LOL I plan the housings with the background pictures I have, however, I drive a black car though, matches any outfit.
    12-09-08 12:18 PM
    what if i put the old housing back on? would they be able to tell that i changed it?

i'd like a black housing for my curve but dont want to be out of luck if something ever happens to it.

also, where do you guys get your housings? thanks!
    There is a tiny white sticker over one of the screw holes on the 8330 that you need to peel away in order to unscrew the faceplate. Other than that I don't know how they would be able to tell. I have heard they use a special glue on the screws in order to determine if the device has been tampered with. But honestly, the 8330 is so cheap these days, if you really screw anything up it isn't a big deal to purchase another one. I picked up a brand new one for $175 last week, and that price was even a little high I think. And btw - I purchased a black housing from cnn.cn for my Curve, and it looks awesome. So much better than the lame silver that came with the device.
    12-09-08 02:16 PM
    I much prefer to use clothes and not perform surgery on my baby. I found these stickon covers called Gizmobies, they look really sharp and protect. And I don't risk stripping a screw, getting glue on a screen or ruining an antenna. Lol, you are brave, Rach.

Exelant, Does the Gizmobies protect just what they show to cover, or to they cover screen, keyb/trackball also?
    12-09-08 02:35 PM

I have A LOT
    can you give me one?

christmas is coming u know...
    12-09-08 08:11 PM
    Exelant, Does the Gizmobies protect just what they show to cover, or to they cover screen, keyb/trackball also?
    Just what they show, I also use prefitted screen protectors. Combined they cover 95% of the plastic surfaces. The rubbery side and top/bottom rails are exposed. They obviously aren't as good as many covers, but that's the trade off for good lookin clothes, lol.

12-09-08 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD