I joined this forum to see if anyone can help me. I've searched here and others for weeks and tried to what I read to no avail.

Problem:
    I have a T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8320 I bought from someone for $100. Camera didn't work and missing lens, but fixable via update and can buy off eBay, respectively. But I don't care about camera since I carry my Sony cam with me. Here, I thought, all these things can easily be fixed and still cost less than the average used Curve. Problems are that the camera DID work after an update but stopped ("camera could not be started. close application..." popup), Bluetooth doesn't work (there is not even a device address in the options, like it's non-existent), and the phone will freeze if bumped near the bottom. I updated, re-installed, downgraded through many a firmware but couldn't fix any of the problems. My free memory is around 23 MB. I cleaned the inside of the phone and even wiped it with WD-40. I extended the battery pins slightly. But nothing works. It is definitely a hardware problem for the freezes. I specified the bumping to an area on the bottom left of the phone (cover towards you). This is where the spinning antenna thing is. It could be that. Pretty much the guy either dropped it or had water damage.
    Also, the way the phone freezes is that it stops and fades to white. Or if the backlight is off it just won't respond. The thing that's weird is that when I do a soft reset (ALT+R.Shift+Delete) the phone freezes the exact way. Fades to white. Any idea why? Any shortings? If so, how can I tell?

Summary:
    No Bluetooth. No camera. Freezes. Please help. I've tried just about everything but maybe you guys can suggest something. But then again it may just be the board, which in that case, I should just have a casket made. And I understand a motherboard will cost nearly as much as getting another phone. Can I check its warranty status even though I am not the original owner? Man, what a drag.
    02-16-09 11:58 PM
    That's is like a big drag to do.
    What I would do is sell that one for the same amount you bought it or whatever. I would just get rid of it. Or just keep it and buy a new one.
    And "lesson learned"
    I don't have other suggestion as to "fixing it" maybe somebody else does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 12:24 AM
    Sounds like you got ripped. The seller must not have been so honest with ya if its turning off when bumped, must of had a pretty hard drop, and some internal damage or something.
    02-17-09 01:42 AM
    Haha! Well, that''s Craiglist for ya. Anyway, I don't care much for the camera or bluetooth. All I need is for the phone to stop freezing. And actually, it's a lot better now. It doesn't reset by little bumps anymore. It'll reset if I slap it against my hand pretty hard so it's an improvement since doing that won't be a habit. To think, being the impulsive guy I am I was getting aggravated and was looking to buy a G1. But then I looked back at the Curve. I didn't want any other phone. I want my Curve! True, the G1 has its advantages. But ain't nothin' like a BlackBerry. Hence, I've become a member of CrackBerry.
    02-17-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD