I'm curious to know how many of you, like myself, use your Curve for personal use only. No business.

(I used 13,000 text messages last month so I decided to get a BB)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 06:30 AM
    There are a fair amount of CB members that are students, home makers, retired and etc. Myself, I got the Curve for buisness and use it socially and for media as well.

Welcome to CB.

12-30-08 06:37 AM
    Welcome biggins82786,

I use my BB for mostly personal use also, work emails are sent without using BB server. You can also have your other email accounts sent too!

Rob
    12-30-08 06:48 AM
    holy ****! 13000 text messages last month! i thought i texted a lot my personal best was 6339 text messages
    12-30-08 06:57 AM
    Yeah. 13,000.

12-30-08 07:03 AM
    I used to text about 10,000 myself.. They add up so fast don't they? Hahah
    Welcome to crackberry!

12-30-08 07:32 AM
    Purely personal use haha. I use it all the time for the internet. I don't text nearly that much but the other thing I do use it for is the calender and more detailed contacts book.

12-30-08 07:51 AM
    My thumbs would have fallen off...
    12-30-08 07:53 AM
    Between text and BBM, im a mad woman.
    12-30-08 07:54 AM
    Mine is for personal use only
    12-30-08 08:09 AM
    I'm curious to know how many of you, like myself, use your Curve for personal use only. No business.

(I used 13,000 text messages last month so I decided to get a BB)

wow 13,000 you must text 24/7.
    12-30-08 08:24 AM
    I have mine purely for social use - I don't need it for work. If my boss knew I had blackberry, he would be emailing me all day long!!
    12-30-08 08:31 AM
    My BB is purely for fun and social use. I am texting more now that I have it, but I mostly use it for the internet access. I access my personal calendar, personal e-mail, and I play some games.
    12-30-08 08:41 AM
    Mine is for personal use, not business. When I first started thinking about getting a BB a few months ago, I felt sort of silly. Thankfully I kept reading and found that they are now very popular for personal use. I love my new Curve!
    12-30-08 08:51 AM
    Welcome to CB!

I use mine purely for personal and tried to hide it from my work...BUT...I accidentally pulled it out of my purse when I thought he had left and he saw it. So now I have been warned that eventually he would like for me to switch to a BES plan
    12-30-08 08:53 AM
    Wow!! 13OOOO.. I think even if you added up all my texts over my lifetime.. I couldn't reach 13K.. Welcome to cb........ Hope you make a bunch of bbm friends!!

12-30-08 08:56 AM
    More business than personal, on BES and company-supplied device, but company has a very open policy. I'm kinda expected to be reachable at any time but in return I am free to use the BlackBerry to integrate my personal life. Have started using BBM to replace texting if recipient also has a BlackBerry and average about 500 texts monthly. This works for me. YMMV :-)

12-30-08 09:21 AM
    I have mine for personal use only. My issue is trying to find ways to make it fun outside of texting. I can't wait for the app store already!
    12-30-08 09:38 AM
    Personal use only..besides the one or two important emails i may get a week from working reguarding open shifts..
    12-30-08 10:20 AM
    I got mine for personal use only to. I mostly use it for internet and games. I have started receiving some work emails on it now though.

12-30-08 11:30 AM
    Welcome to CB forums.

I use mine for personal use. Still new to my BB curve and have a lot to learn. These things are an adventure.
    12-30-08 11:35 AM
    I too am a personal use only BB user. Got a promo code for a free Curve with T-Mobile and took advantage of it. I love being about to get on the internet whenever I want and having my hotmail and gmail accounts linked to my phone lets me know when someone has commented on my facebook or replied to my Crackberry post!

If my work email went to my phone I'd get 100 pointless email notifications daily. And it's alot faster to delete those on the computer.

I went from never having a text plan to to the Curve. I can't imagine texting 13k a month. That's ridiculous. Even when I first got the Curve I just had a 400 plan...which I learned once you know you can text you do it much more often and I went over my third month so I just upgraded to unlimited. I think I was just under 900 last month. Weak I know.
    12-30-08 11:51 AM
    Mine is for business, but I also use it for personal stuff as well. It's sort of my "multi-purpose" gadget. My life is pretty much run from my BB. Between work and personal stuff, it's all in there. No idea what I'd do if I lost it.
    12-30-08 12:13 PM
    Mine is purely for personal use.

Over the last couple of of years I was so jealous of the IPhone people. They could get on the real internet anytime they wanted. I have Verizon and didn't want to switch. All I wanted was a phone that could get the internet.

I had heard that BBs were only for business and had no real practical use as a personal phone. Then my friend got one this summer and I was impressed enough to buy one. I was still kinda bummed about the browser but it was still better than what I could get on the old Samsung phones I had before.

Then I was doing some reading and heard about Opera Mini. That was when I really fell in love with my BB. Not only did BB messenger save me a ton of money on texts, but now I had all the internet I wanted on my phone, and with a real keyboard to boot (I have an IPod Touch, but could never get any real speed typing on it).
    12-30-08 01:07 PM
    Gosh you must be texting none stop all day haha. I got a black berry for pretty much all reasons I can use it for absolutely everything I need, starting school next month and I won't have the net so this will be my way of keeping in touch with the world haha.

12-30-08 01:45 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD