If I get a new email, the Curve automatically opens it when I unlock the phone. It's really annoying. Why is this happening?
    Also, why am I able to hit the shift key to set "caps" when the phone is locked? Doesn't locked mean locked?
    Thanks!
    10-10-08 10:55 AM
    Its just a thing it does, next time you get an email wait a few seconds and then unlock the phone, it shouldn't pop up then
    10-10-08 10:57 AM
    If I get a new email, the Curve automatically opens it when I unlock the phone. It's really annoying. Why is this happening?
    Also, why am I able to hit the shift key to set "caps" when the phone is locked? Doesn't locked mean locked?
    Thanks!
    If you open the messages folder within 15 seconds of a new message arriving, the BlackBerry quite reasonably assumes you want to look at that message, and opens it for you. Wait a little longer before opening Messages, and it won't make that assumption.

My 8830 will show the shift icon if I press the shift key while the phone is locked. That does not indicate your phone is not locked.
    10-10-08 10:59 AM
    I personally like that feature. I always keep mine in the OEM pouch and when I get an email or text, BAM it's right there when I pull it out of the pouch.

Funny how some people find that annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 11:10 AM
    Thanks guys!
    10-10-08 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD