New to the forums here, love them so far. Been surfing the boards for a good hour, and haven't found an answer to this, so I suppose I will ask.

My curve 8330 from Verizon was set up in store with an @vzw.blackberry.net e-mail address. This is fine for me, as I use it strictly as an emergency e-mail contact.

I get a text message, and a sound goes "blip" - I have been unsuccessful in finding how to change that sound.
    The same light blinks when a new e-mail arrives to the phone, but there is no audible signal given that I have new mail.

Is there a way to set a sound to play when new e-mail arrives?
    It's driving me crazy, I've gone through everything I could find on the phone and in the accompanying literature, and have found nothing on setting up a sound for e-mail.

I missed one today that cost me a large contract. Had a sound played when it arrived, I would have known to check it. I can't be expected to sit there waiting for the light to blink, right?

Cheers, looking forward to whatever advice is out there.
    09-11-09 12:47 PM
    You haven't gone to your Profiles to change the settings?

Profiles > Advanced Options > Menu > Edit
    09-11-09 01:01 PM
    Go to:
    -profiles
    -scroll to and select advanced
    -press the menu key (blackberry button)
    - choose either edit or new profile

At this point you'll see a listing of your email accounts, message services, etc. Click on whichever you want to change, and it will open a menu of notification options, where you can change the ring tone / email tone, etc.
    When you're done, save your changes.
    09-11-09 01:05 PM
    Thanks for your prompt responses. I look forward to trying them when I am able. I left it too close to the AC unit in my office window, and it's gotten itself a little condensation inside. How's that for awesome... hope it still works. As for now, unable to power it up..

At any rate, I thank you for the advice, and will report back to this forum upon trying it. Cheers
    09-11-09 01:11 PM
    On your home screen, find your profiles icon
    (It looks like a speaker). Press it, then scroll down to Advanced and click it.

You can now change the settings on your 'Active' profile by clicking it.

On the next screen, change the settings by clicking on any item.
    E-mail is : messages (your e-mail address)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 01:19 PM
    Cheers - thanks very much. I had been in profiles prior to this, hoping to find a way, but had not scrolled down far enough to see advanced. Or perhaps I had seen it and did not go further. Regardelss, I have it all set now, and it tested through well enough. If I could just get rid of this nasty effect on my screen from what has to be condensation, I'll be all set. Cheers!
    09-11-09 01:53 PM
    It seems to also be vibrating as well, for no apparent reason. I'm such a noob, lol. I'll figure it out or I'll be back for more help later.

Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 02:05 PM
    To clear moisture pull battery NOW and place overnight in a bag of rice to draw out any moisture..
    09-11-09 02:57 PM
    I like how my answer was repeated twice. Hmm.
    09-11-09 03:24 PM
    I have an excuse. I started mine waiting in line at a drive-thru, and finished it in the parking lot when I got back to work. When I started, there were no replies.
    09-11-09 03:37 PM
    got home and checked the thread again one more time, just in case someone had any other tips to throw my way.
    I'm happy to report that the battery is removed.
    (is that where the memory chip goes, that little flip up thingy? must be..)
    It's in a ziploc bag, laying flat on the kitchen counter, and the bag contains about 2 cups of rice. Excellent tip!

I feel I have much to learn from the pros here. I will definitely keep my eyes open and visit this site regularly.

Cheers to those that helped, and those that helped when help was given - always better to have more help then you need than not enough. You guys rock.
    09-11-09 03:54 PM
    No hard feelings, LazyStarGazer... haha!
    09-11-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD