Hi Everyone! I recently switched to a Curve 8330 from my Blackberry Storm, which I tried to put up with for 4 months but gave up on this past weekend. I am really enjoying the Curve so far! It was not very hard to adjust from the storm, though I am sure I don't know all of the cool shortcuts, and stuff yet. I just installed the Zen 8900 Replica theme and it made the phone look great! I am very happy with my phone, and it is a huge improvement (in my own opinion only of course...) over the Storm. I am loving my curve so far!!!

What apps do you guys recommend for the Curve? Do apps like quick pull work on the Curve, and would you guys recommend quick pull? What other apps would you guys suggest?

Thanks for your input!
    05-18-09 04:39 PM
    I use QP and it's great. Pandora is a must.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    05-18-09 04:43 PM
    +10 on Quick Pull, Slacker and The direct link for Crackberry as well as OperaMini (for a browser) and I like The accuweather push.
    05-18-09 04:46 PM
    Opera Mini is good, but I'm diggin' Bolt now.
    05-18-09 04:47 PM
    and it is a huge improvement (in my own opinion only of course...) over the Storm.
    I just had to express my dissatisfaction with this post! Seriously, make sure that you pick up QuickLaunch!
    05-18-09 04:49 PM
    Hi Everyone! I recently switched to a Curve 8330 from my Blackberry Storm, which I tried to put up with for 4 months but gave up on this past weekend. I am really enjoying the Curve so far! It was not very hard to adjust from the storm, though I am sure I don't know all of the cool shortcuts, and stuff yet. I just installed the Zen 8900 Replica theme and it made the phone look great! I am very happy with my phone, and it is a huge improvement (in my own opinion only of course...) over the Storm. I am loving my curve so far!!!

What apps do you guys recommend for the Curve? Do apps like quick pull work on the Curve, and would you guys recommend quick pull? What other apps would you guys suggest?

Thanks for your input!
    I also gave up on the Storm a few weeks ago and I'm much happier now...although I miss the technological advances the Storm offered, it was too unreliable. I've downloaded a bunch of free Apps for my curve, including beyond160, bilbylight, freetips,quickpull,anagram, batterybooster,mobipocket reader,youmail, the google apps suite and keyboard locker.
    05-18-09 05:21 PM
    Awesome man. Congrats. I sent you a pm btw.
    05-18-09 06:18 PM
    Like I said in another thread, I'm getting my Blackberry next Wednesday. I've spent the last week trying to decide if I want the Storm or Curve. Today, I finally decided to go with the Curve. Hopefully that decision works out alright for me.
    05-18-09 06:24 PM
    Demok and rffree- why you were frustrate with storm device? I am just out of curious..I hope you dont mind if i asked.
    05-18-09 07:00 PM
    I am fairly new too. I love my Curve! The apps I have really enjoyed and use every day are twitterberry. Addicted! Viingo. An RSS reader. Slacker radio. Facebook.
    05-18-09 07:52 PM
    Congrats on the new device, the Curve is a great one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 07:54 PM
    Get Slacker the music app. It's great.
    05-19-09 02:01 AM
    Congrats on the Curve!

My "must have" apps are Google maps, Slacker, and Ubertwitter (LOVE this app)
    05-19-09 08:29 AM
    Welcome to CB, curve is an awesome phone
    05-19-09 08:53 AM
    It's a great phone...as far as apps...Mini-Opera is my fav. I also have Viggo and Pandora...try out IHeart and Slacker too. You need one of these streaming music apps. I also have TellMe which is an awesome program.

Also..get a media card if you do not have one already so that you can use the video and store documents and photos...Docs to Go is a great free app to edit Word documents...you can also create them by creating a blank document.
    05-19-09 09:59 AM
    Congrats on the curve! The only "must have" I would recommend is a back-up track ball. Mine has froze up on me three times already but I work out in the elements and don't always have the cleanest hands when fiddling with my phone.
    05-19-09 10:07 AM
    Demok and rffree- why you were frustrate with storm device? I am just out of curious..I hope you dont mind if i asked.
    the main reason was the reliability of it. The OS, no matter which one you are using, is still slower than it should be, the typing lag was killing me, and the bugs were sooooo annoying. .75 had very few bugs, but was crazy slow, and .141 was a lot faster (still not as fast as it shoudl be), but it had all kinds of annoying bugs (like the unlock bug). It was just too frustrating to deal with so I gave it up for the Curve, a more stable device. I love it more and more every day!

I'll definitely have to get google maps.

As for browsers like bolt or opera mini, do you guys know how to make it so you con't have to keep allowing it to access the web? every time I open the browser it asks me if I would like to access the web or something like that, and it's annoying.
    05-19-09 11:23 AM
    goto your options and under security options there is an application permissions.
    05-19-09 12:48 PM
    Been using my Curve for just over a week and I absolutely love it! Granted I'm coming from a Moto Razr which was awful and I'm still new to the whole Blackberry thing, but so far it has been a godsend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 01:48 PM
    Yea i went from the storm to the curve. My blood pressure dropped 30 points lol> yea the storm has way to many bugs, how much faster can you type of it. I can now type a long email with out wanting to throw the curve out the window. The storm is just not ready for prime time yet. I love how when you press a the a shows up on the curve. I was amazed that verizon didnt argue with me about switching. I had the storm for 4 months. They just said which blackberry do you want next. So even Verizon knows that the storm does not work like it should. I dont miss anything about the storm>
    05-19-09 01:55 PM
    Curve is the ish! (I'm gonna miss it once I upgrade to the Tour)
    05-19-09 02:10 PM
    I have had my Curve for a little over a month and love it. I have a 8 Gig media card and that is more than enough for me. I have heard that the 16GB can slow the phone down. I don't know if there is any truth to that. Does anyone with a 16 GB card notice a difference in the phones responsiveness?
    05-20-09 01:51 PM
    I have a sprint blackberry curve 8330 phone. I wanted to know if there is a way for me the go on the interent using the blackberry without signing up for a blackberry plan. If so what are the steps.
    05-20-09 02:13 PM
    Wriyaz you have to have a data plan in order to get on the internet from your blackberry. Sorry.
    05-20-09 02:15 PM
    Great selection glad to see the storm is out.
    05-20-09 02:37 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD