1. Italiansoccerstalion@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Hi everyone, i just bought a curve 8300 and im running into a big problem.
    While i am talking to someone after about 5-10 minutes my phone restarts.
    I have done alot of research and found out that by re-installing the OS it could fix the problem.

I bought my curve in England from the o2 carrier. I live in Canada and using the Fido/Rogers Network.

I have a smartphone (Edge) v4.2.2.67 Platform 2.4.0.29

Now should i re-install my OS? or should i update it?
    Or what else should i do?

After it restarts the battery is still up and solid and everything is perfect. The phone works great and i love the curve just i cannot hold conversations more then 5 minutes.
    i just got this phone yesterday and it is consistently doing this.

If i should re-install my OS how do i do this exactly?
    If i should update it, do i have to use the o2 one. Apparently there isn't one from o2 but maybe i can use another carrier's? (Im prettys ure i can't)

I can't exchange it, to much of a hasle unless i really really have to. I do not want to ship it back to england and so on.

With some proper direction im sure i can fix this problem.
    Any advice is apreciated..
    thanks..
    02-05-08 02:06 PM
    Do you have any 3rd party programs installed on your curve? I downloaded a 3rd party program and the same thing happened to me. After I un-installed it everything was fine. I guess there where a few things conflicting with other programs that came with the curve.
    Last edited by MrMercedes; 02-05-08 at 07:00 PM.
    02-05-08 02:42 PM
  3. Italiansoccerstalion@hotmail.com's Avatar
    No i don't have any 3rd party programds installed. Everything in my application list seems standard and i never addded anything.
    The restarting is happenning less and less, but i have only had it for 2 days.
    02-06-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD