I just got a curve 8330 from verizon like a week ago and 2 days ago it started acting funny. The screen will just go white with the hour glass and then the screen will go black with the red led light on and I have to do a battery pull to get it back on...the only apps I have downloaded are opera myspace and crackberry. I don't have a desktop right now so I just need to know if this is serious if I should take it to verizon for them to look at and will they give me a new one right away...I can't be without my awesome phone...I'm addicted its love...any advice is appreciated. Thanks ya'll!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 12:36 PM
    Do you have a media card for pics, ringtones, music etc? You want these on a media card and not the device memory. Pics can take up massive memory if you do not have them stored on a media card...
    12-27-08 12:41 PM
    Yeh I have a 2 gig media card that everything is on..

12-27-08 12:46 PM
    Make sure when you are done using an application, that you close it out properly by hitting Menu>Close. There has been quite a few people here who are having issues with the MySpace app. It has been causing problems...
    12-27-08 12:48 PM
    With it being only a week old, you should return it for a replacement. This is too soon for you to have to have problems like these - especially since you haven't upgraded your OS or done something to cause them. Do a reset and try to make a backup copy of your device so you can reload your contacts on the new device.

12-27-08 12:54 PM
    SD makes a good point. Try removing FaceBook to make sure that isn't the cause of your problems.

12-27-08 12:56 PM
    Exelant makes a great point. If the device is only a week old, they will exchange it for you. Most carriers have a 30 day return guarantee.

12-27-08 01:06 PM
    I just got a curve 8330 from verizon like a week ago and 2 days ago it started acting funny. The screen will just go white with the hour glass and then the screen will go black with the red led light on and I have to do a battery pull to get it back on...the only apps I have downloaded are opera myspace and crackberry. I don't have a desktop right now so I just need to know if this is serious if I should take it to verizon for them to look at and will they give me a new one right away...I can't be without my awesome phone...I'm addicted its love...any advice is appreciated. Thanks ya'll!!

Also I would check to see what software you do have...... hit the bb button, go to options and then to about, 3rd field down it will say v4.x if you have 4.3 I would advise to upgrade to the 4.5, when customers call in with this issue I walk them through the software upgrade and thay 98% of the time corrects the issue. IF not then yes take it back they will exchange it with the 30day WFG. P.S. they might charge you a restocking fee, so be aware of that.
    12-27-08 01:16 PM
    I have 4.5.0.77 whatever that means and why would they charge the restocking fee if I am having problems with my device? I also need to send my rebate out should I wait til I take my BB to the store do they need that upc code on the for my rebate to return my phone

12-27-08 01:21 PM
    ok you do have the latest version, so yes take it back to the store. The re-stocking fee is just something the store does.... Sometimes you can call data tech support and after Trouble Shooting the phone if we see that it needs replaced we can note the account to not charge re-stocking fee. 1-800-922-0204 then option 3 then option 2 then 4 then 1.
    12-27-08 01:30 PM
    Ok thanks...I will call and see what they say...hopefully a new phone!!! with none of these problems...

12-27-08 01:35 PM
    I have not heard of a restocking fee in the first 30 days. Not saying it isn't there, but that seems out of line for a brand new device.

12-27-08 01:39 PM
    Yes I agree it is out of line but some stores do charge it
    12-27-08 01:42 PM
    Return the phone and get a new one. You have 30 days to return it if you don't like it. Don't wait too long though. I would get a new phone, I wouldn't mess with problems that early. The curve is a great phone so I wouldn't let that little mess up discourage you.
    12-27-08 02:00 PM
    So should I return it and get a brand new curve or the storm? Heard bad things about storm but curve is messing up too and I need it lol...

12-27-08 02:15 PM
    So should I return it and get a brand new curve or the storm? Heard bad things about storm but curve is messing up too and I need it lol...

You can only exchange the phone once during the 30 days for a different model phone. And I believe they will charge the $35 restocking fee when that is done.

If I were you, I would return the Curve, and get a refund, then either purchase a Storm, or another Curve. That way, you will preserve the 30 day worry free guarantee, and if you don't like the Storm, or have problems with it, then you still have the option to exchange it for a Curve.

I'm not saying you should get a Storm, that is if they have any in stock, but I'm suggesting you process the defective Curve as an outright return. Then purchase either a Storm or another Curve.
    12-27-08 02:28 PM
    prob mostly what you heard about the storm was prob the 1st ones that did have a lot of little 'bugs' but since the upgrade to 4.7.0.75 (which I know there is a newer one, but the .75 is the one verizon supports. not the others, yet) it took care of a lot of the issues.
    12-27-08 02:43 PM
    Ok talked to verizon they said it sounds like a device issue so I get a NEW curve tomorrow at the store! Yay....thanks for all the help I'm a newbie and appreciate it

12-27-08 04:07 PM
    I glad that you have a new BB coming. That had to be bad times for a second there.
    12-27-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD