ok, my wife just got a new slightly used 8300.. I'm trying to set up her e-mail with BIS..but when i go to the set-up wizard..the only 2 options are BES and skip this step. PLEASE someone HELP... also, when I plugged in the Desktop Manager, it said an update was available and I updated.but nothing else.
    06-10-08 09:59 PM
    That usually means that there is no BIS service provisioned for the device. She needs a BB data plan.
    06-10-08 10:02 PM
    we have one.. i can use the browser... thats not the problem
    06-10-08 10:05 PM
    I would disagree... Better call AT&T and double check what you have provisioned for the device.
    06-10-08 10:12 PM
    like i said i can use the browser got to media.net, etc..etc.. i know we have the data plan otherwise i wouldn't be able to go to an online site
    06-10-08 10:15 PM
    Alright dude listen, if you don't have the option you are looking for in the setup wizard, you obviously don't have the correct provisioning for the device. Go call AT&T and check with them that they have the correct provisioning for the device. Just because you can go to media net doesn't mean you have the correct data plan.
    06-10-08 10:22 PM
    alright, i went to BB dot com and tried to manually set up the e-mail and it tells me I need to register the device.. so I assume this is the problem.. I registered it, any idea how long it takes? or is there anything else i should be doing?
    06-10-08 10:50 PM
    Hate to sound like a broken record, but you weren't listening to Sunkast, CALL ATT AND MAKE SURE THE PROVISIONING ON THE ACCOUNT AND IN THEIR SYSTEM IS CORECT. Sorry for the caps, but he was correct, especially since it is not a brand new device. oh yeah, registration takes about 5 seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 11:10 PM
    your device will register with the network once you have the $29.99 data plan min.
    06-10-08 11:13 PM
    OK! You have the data plan, but do you have the BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN? sunkast is right CALL AT&T
    06-10-08 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD