hi all, my brother just gave me a blackberry curve he wasn't using. i think it's the 8320. i'm using it on tmobile with a prepaid sim card. which is fine for me, i don't need the data plan.

here are my questions. i did do a little search but still have some questions.

1. if i'm only using wifi.. can i still access email? i'm not using edge or gprs.. is there a way to access email if i'm in range of my home wifi network?

2. what is the leather sleeve for? can't i just put it in my pocket? what do you guys do? put the blackberry in the leather sleeve, then put the sleeve in your pocket? what about when answering calls, take out the sleeve, then the blackberry?

3. the aim, msn, gmail apps on the curve, don't quite work. any of you using wifi only get these to work?

sorry if these are extremely newb questions, i haven't quite figured out how to search effectively yet. thanks in advance
    08-29-08 04:16 PM
    Enjoy! You should have no problem just need to connect with your home wireless connection.

The black sleeve is used to protect the berry and also it has a magnet in it to put it to sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 04:26 PM

3. the aim, msn, gmail apps on the curve, don't quite work. any of you using wifi only get these to work?

sorry if these are extremely newb questions, i haven't quite figured out how to search effectively yet. thanks in advance
    They don't work on wifi...BUT..what I observed was that if you activate them on a data plan and then git rid of the data plan, they start working on wifi. Strange but true. You could try that. Tmo charges per diem for the data service so if you want to experiment, you can get the data service for a couple of days and then deactivate it. It will cost you a dollar or so.
    08-29-08 04:30 PM
    Hello and welcome!
    08-29-08 04:37 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry

This guide should help you out a lot
    08-29-08 05:11 PM
    thanks for the guide. answers a lot of questions.
    08-29-08 05:57 PM
    Let me ask a questions how can I upload videos to different social sites wth th 8330 and does anyone recommend juicecaster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD