Ok - sat for 1 hour reading through posts so please forgive me if these are reposted questions . . .

I have an 8310.

1. So I'd like SMS, Email, Blackberry Messenger and Call log on my front page.
    I've managed to seperate the mail, and move the icons - but on some themes i can't choose what is displayed on the front page.

So is there a theme that i can download (for free) that will allow me to do this?

2. When I go to my phone and start dialling it says My Number: Unknown Number . . . how do I change that to enter my number/remove it altogether

3. When I start dialing it starts displaying the number and says underneath it 'No addresses' - what is that? how do I get rid of it - should something be displayed?

Hope you can help . . . .
    07-01-08 01:53 PM
    okay---welcome!

for #2--
    to remove it--go to your call log, select the menu (bb logo button to the left of the roller ball), scroll down to options, then select general options--then scroll down to "show my number and change the selection to "NO"

tada!

as far as the dialing and the number not showing up--I think that just means that that number is not in your address book. As you add contacts, it will quick search to help you find the number faster. (I reserve the right to be wrong--but I think that's it.)
    Last edited by Baroness110902; 07-01-08 at 02:01 PM. Reason: being a bit more helpful
    07-01-08 01:58 PM
    Try using the Zen theme that is already installed on your phone. It will display the top row of icons from the Application screen on the Home screen.

Regrettably that is about as flexible as it gets.

There is also a 'L' them around that does a bit more but you will need to do a search for that.
    07-01-08 01:59 PM
    3. When you start typing a # your bb tries to match it to an entry in the address book. So if your friend Charlie's number was 1234567, and your moms number was 1233333, if you typed 123 both of their numbers would pop up there.if you typed 1234, charlie's name would come up. Get it? You can also type the name of someone in your address book and it will call them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 02:04 PM
    1. I'm pretty sure all Today style themes are locked down as far as the top level icons. Icon and Zen style themes usually let you move things around.

3. The "no address' is probably showing because you don't have that number in your address book. When dialing, the phone matches the number as you're dialing it. If you have multiple contacts with the same area code, you'll see a list that you can pick from.
    07-01-08 02:06 PM
    Ok - sat for 1 hour reading through posts so please forgive me if these are reposted questions . . .

I have an 8310.

I've managed to seperate the mail, and move the icons - but on some themes i can't choose what is displayed on the front page.

So is there a theme that i can download (for free) that will allow me to do this?

2. When I go to my phone and start dialling it says My Number: Unknown Number . . . how do I change that to enter my number/remove it altogether

3. When I start dialing it starts displaying the number and says underneath it 'No addresses' - what is that? how do I get rid of it - should something be displayed?

1. To get the icons on your desktop, just move the icons in the menu (hit the blackberry button, 7 dots) and move them to the front part of it. Example: If the browser icon is in the far top left, it will be the first icon on the desktop.

2. This sounds like the phone wasn't activated right. I had a similar issue, it was 000 000 0000 instead of my real number. Call up your provider and make sure they have it setup right. The "hide my number" option just does that. It doesn't display it. Misunderstood the question a bit, but the other people answered it better

3. When you start dialing a number or letter, it will start to "match" up possible entries you're trying to dial for easier access. 'Cause everyone knows that the persons phone number you're calling is actually their name.
    Last edited by Inifekt; 07-01-08 at 02:09 PM.

I have an 8310.

A Zen theme would suit your needs. One should come default on your device!!

From Home Send (takes to call log) > Menu > Options > General > Show My Number > No

This feature searches for Address Book entries when dialing from the Home Screen. For Example : If Bill was in your Address Book and you typed Bill... then it would show!!
    I hope that can help! Welcome to CB!!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD