Hey I am new to the Blackberry and I just got the 8310 Curve. First off let me say I LOVE IT! The problem I am having is trying to download the myalarm app. when I try and download it a message pops up that says this file will not be able to be read. I download it anyway and when I go to install the program it doesn't work. Can anyone help me download this Alarm App? I desperately need it. Thanks so much
    07-14-09 01:23 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Did you make sure the app is compatible with your BB?
    07-14-09 01:25 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Did you make sure the app is compatible with your BB?

Yeah it says compatible with the 83XX series and I have read on other threads where people have downloaded it onto the 8310.
    07-14-09 04:02 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull with the device on?
    07-14-09 04:05 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull with the device on?
    I did and that didn't work. Sorry I don't know what is going on
    07-14-09 04:07 PM
    Only you would know what link you're using but as already mentioned it sounds like a device compatibility issue. Are you downloading from the software maker's site or a link from another non-affiliated site? Either way perhaps try to find an alternative download should a trustable one exist. One final thought...did u buy your phone new? Just making sure u have adequate memory to support the download. Only thought there is if were a used phone that contained previous stuff from another user on it or if in short order you have loaded a bunch of stuff onto the phone without the use of a memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 04:40 PM
    Only you would know what link you're using but as already mentioned it sounds like a device compatibility issue. Are you downloading from the software maker's site or a link from another non-affiliated site? Either way perhaps try to find an alternative download should a trustable one exist. One final thought...did u buy your phone new? Just making sure u have adequate memory to support the download. Only thought there is if were a used phone that contained previous stuff from another user on it or if in short order you have loaded a bunch of stuff onto the phone without the use of a memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I downloaded the file directly from the software makers site but still doesn't work. I bought it new and I have a memory card for extra memory. I guess I will just have to use the calendar thing. Thanks for all the help.
    07-15-09 09:01 AM
    I just went to a website with the app and it said it worked for the 8300. I didn't see anywhere it said it worked for all 83xx models. Maybe I found an older version of it.
    07-15-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD