I heard there was new blackberry software, 5.0. I know I have to download it from verizon to desktop manager, but I have a mac. Supposedly, you can't download the software to desktop manager with a mac yet. Is this true, or is there any way I can get this new software with my computer?
    10-07-10 03:54 PM
    I heard there was new blackberry software, 5.0. I know I have to download it from verizon to desktop manager, but I have a mac. Supposedly, you can't download the software to desktop manager with a mac yet. Is this true, or is there any way I can get this new software with my computer?
    Where did you hear this? I went to Verizon website and did not see it. The only OS 5.0 for the 8330 that I know of is a hybrid at BBTweaks.com or the original OS 5.0 at Boost mobile.

I believe there is a desktop manager for Mac.
    Last edited by jbarbero; 10-07-10 at 04:14 PM.
    10-07-10 04:05 PM
    10-07-10 07:23 PM
    5.0 has only been officially released by Boost Mobile, but their software will run just fine on verizons 8330. You really need to consider shrinking the OS if you want the phone to run smoothly and have a little extra memory for a few apps.
    10-07-10 08:30 PM
    5.0 has only been officially released by Boost Mobile, but their software will run just fine on verizons 8330. You really need to consider shrinking the OS if you want the phone to run smoothly and have a little extra memory for a few apps.
    How do you shrink the OS? What are some of the features of this new OS?
    10-07-10 10:39 PM
    Search a little on google for shrink a os and that ahould give you some instructions. Also a 5.0 hybrid will run smoother as well. 5.0 OS adds threaded text and just a lot better options in the OS itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 01:43 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, that was the announcement a little over a year ago. Only Boost Mobile released it for the 8330.
    10-08-10 09:02 AM
    How do you shrink the OS? What are some of the features of this new OS?
    Go to BBTweaks.com and read up on it there. The original base OS had some serious problems as far as size and memory. Those have been fixed with the hybrids and SAOS will fix the size problem.
    10-08-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD