Hi.
    I am new to the Blackberry world. Im still anxiously awaiting my blackberry to come in the mail. I purchased it on Ebay. Before I purchased my phone, I asked the seller if there was a clean ESN number, she said yes. I didnt know anything about a Sim Card until I started reading on these forums.
    What if my Blackberry doesnt come with a SIM Card? Do I need this for the phone to work?
    Im a little bit nervous to be honest....

Thanks so much,
    ~Rebekah~
    02-09-09 04:11 AM
    verizon does not use sim cards that is for gsm carriers only such as t-mobile and at&t
    your phone should work by the esn number, you give that to verizon and they should be able to activate it, if you got the esn number from the seller call verizon and verify the number is clean
    welcome to crackberry and the addiction
    02-09-09 04:26 AM
    Actually, you can activate your phone online at Verizonwireless.com if you have an account. It's free to register, and all you do is turn off your old phone, then enter the new phone's ESN number, and follow the steps.
    02-09-09 04:31 AM
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the quick response.
    No wonder the ebay add did not mention anything about a SIM Card haha.

Now lets just cross our fingers that the ESN number is good.
    Wish me luck!!

Thanks again!

P.S. I dont need advice on how to purchase items from ebay, Just had a question
    about the SIM Card. Thanks!

Last edited by IUrebekah3RT; 02-09-09 at 07:32 AM.
    02-09-09 05:35 AM
    You should have asked them to give you the ESN number to be able to check it yourself, instead of taking someones word. I mean it's good that you trust the person, but you should always just ask to check.
    02-09-09 06:42 AM

P.S. I dont need advice on how to purchase items from ebay, Just had a question
    about the SIM Card. Thanks!

I wasn't trying to come off as a mean guy... I was just trying to tell you that you should have ASKED for the ESN instead of just by taking the person's word. Sorry for some friendly advice...
    02-09-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD