I've never been a BB or smart phone user so all of this is new to me.

A friend of mine is sending me her mom's old Curve 8330 (her mom just switched to the Storm a week or so ago) and I'm going to get the data plan added to my Verizon plan.

What all do I need to know as far as getting it set up and transferring information over? I'm sure I can take it to a verizon store and have them transfer my contacts and such, will I need any software or anything for it? As of right now I'm not sure what all is on the phone. My friend is wiping the contacts off but did mention that she didn't have any of the original software (I'm saying this assuming the BB is like a laptop and would have re-install software).

Basically, help. Enlighten a newbie on things I may need to research, buy, etc. Thanks!
    07-08-09 02:34 PM
    There's some great info here under "BlackBerry Help" at the top of the screen. You need to download BlackBerry Desktop Manager from the BlackBerry website here BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer. Once you go to Verizon to have your contacts transferred to your Berry, you can do a backup of your device using the desktop manager.

That should get you started. Other than that, just play around with it and if you have specific questions, folks around here are VERY helpful!!

I just got the Curve 8330 a few weeks ago. I upgraded from a Pearl. I LOVE it!!! Be sure to check out all the FREE wallpapers and ringtones on Crackberry too! I hope I helped you some at least.
    07-08-09 03:19 PM
    Thanks so much. I've been lurking on the forums for a couple days now and have scoured through the FAQ's and help threads but knowing exactly where I'll need to start since it won't be a straight from the box phone was throwing me off.

I appreciate your help, I'm sure I'll definitely be posting some questions in the future. For now I'm sub'ing to threads and favorite placing apps that I want.
    07-08-09 03:59 PM
    If you need any help pm me.

Don't be afraid to play around with your bb. Just remember the golden rule, battery pull is your friend. lol

Have fun.
    07-08-09 04:02 PM
    What I would do is check out the 101 lectures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD